How to activate sale badges on products on sale

Maria_PDT
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi
We are using the Debut theme on our website palaisdesthes.no

How can I use sale badges on products in the collection. For example badges like BESTSELLER, NEW, LIMITED EDITION, SALE

Replies 2 (2)

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi there @Maria_PDT. Thank you for posting your question! I'm happy to help you out with this.

You can add a "Sale" label to your products by setting up your products to be on sale. You can do this following this guide here. I've included a screenshot below of what this would look like with the theme Debut.

25-35-93689-96109

In order to add other labels like "Bestseller", "New", and "Limited edition" you would want to use a third party app. Product Labels & Badges by BSS Commerce looks like the most popular option, but you can take a look at other app options in our app store here as well.

I also wanted to ask if you've considered switching to an Online Store 2.0 theme? These themes have some added benefits like allowing more customization. I would recommend trying one out if you haven't had the chance to yet! You can read more about the benefits on this page here and you can find a list of free Online Store 2.0 themes on this page here if you're interested.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to help further.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

saif-modemagic
Pathfinder
88 6 13

Hi @Maria_PDT your store looks pretty neat! 

Coming to your question - you can activate the "sale" tag by simply adding your "Compare At" price in the product catalog. Note, your Compare At price must be greater than the value in Price in order to display the sale tag. 

Apart from that, you also have 3rd party Shopify apps that help you display on-sale / best seller/ trending / limited edition badges. These apps even help you automate your inventory and price updates with these badges. 

Do check out 🙂

Best wishes,
Saif