How to add Cart Drawer instead of Cart Page (Dawn)

KC14
Explorer
66 0 29

Hello everyone,

I would like to have a Cart Drawer instead of the Cart Page. So that there is a cart summary on the right of the screen sliding in when you click "Add to cart" button or click the "Shopping cart" icon. Therefore, I want the Cart Page to be fully removed as well.

Just like this:

KC14_0-1659958588673.png

I am using Dawn theme by the way.

If anyone can help me please, I would really appreciate it 🙂

Thank you!

Replies 7 (7)

Kani
Shopify Partner
468 125 221

Hi @KC14 

1: Online store > Customize

2: change cart settings

Kani_0-1659962153431.pngKani_1-1659962171145.png

Hey!! ʕ ᵔᴥᵔ ʔ
Please click 'Like' and ' Accept as Solution' to encourage me to continue sharing my expertise. ♡
If you need any technical assistance, feel free to send me a DM. You no longer have to search for answers without getting a response. 🙂
KC14
Explorer
66 0 29

Hey @Kani ,

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately I don't have a "Cart" section at the theme settings.

Do you know why that's not showing?

I am using Dawn 5.0 btw

Kani
Shopify Partner
468 125 221

Hi @KC14 

Drawer cart is releases on 6.0. 

https://github.com/Shopify/dawn/releases/tag/v6.0.0

You should keep the theme version up to date as you can't merge theme by yourself

Hey!! ʕ ᵔᴥᵔ ʔ
Please click 'Like' and ' Accept as Solution' to encourage me to continue sharing my expertise. ♡
If you need any technical assistance, feel free to send me a DM. You no longer have to search for answers without getting a response. 🙂
KC14
Explorer
66 0 29

Hi @Kani ,

Yeah I thought so already, but I have a customized Dawn theme v5 so I can't just update the theme to v6. Is there a way to only add the v6 Cart Drawer function to v5?

Kani
Shopify Partner
468 125 221

@KC14 

sure,  you can hire that developer again to copy Drawer function from v6, and paste it to your current theme.  

Hey!! ʕ ᵔᴥᵔ ʔ
Nijat123
Tourist
14 0 3

Hello,

Do you know how I can add regular, sale price and Save % in cart drawer, where I need to add code to be shown in cart page?

KabirDev
Shopify Partner
243 58 63

For those seeking to enable a drawer cart in 2024, I've made a video with a step-by-step guide. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/5SefePWS5as?si=ZkZjTyypCklAHidn.

If my answer helps, please give it a Like and Accept as Solution.
- You can join in our Facebook group for Shopify help.
- Contact me directly at shahriar@kabirdev.com