How can I group sunglasses by brand in the Brooklyn theme?

maxim640
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello community! I sale sunglasses from many brands. How can I group them by brand name? The idea is that customers navigate to Sunglasses page where they will see all the brands available and then click in any brand they like. Is it possible to do this in BROOKLYN THEME?  Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey @maxim640 !

That is a very smart idea to group your products into their own categories/brands. This can be done by creating collections in Shopify and then assigning the appropriate products into each collection.

For example, you can create a collection for Brand Name A, Brand Name B, Brand Name C, etc. and then manually add the respective products into it. We have a guide that covers how to create and configure manual collections here. 

You also have the ability to create an automated collection. These collections are created the same way as a manual collection but instead of adding products into the collection yourself, you set a condition(s), or a rule, to determine when a product will be added into the collection. I personally like automated collections when you plan on having a large inventory as it will save you a lot of time in the long-run. You can learn all about automated collections and the different types of conditions you can set for a collection here

Once you have set up the collections to your liking, you will need to add them to your navigation menu at the top of your homepage. This way you customers can find them on your website and hopefully make a purchase! We have a step-by-step guide on setting up your drop-down menu here. 

Let me know if that helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

maxim640
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you so much for your tips... I was looking more to put this collections in a page with their brand logo. I created the collections like you said and can link to each one from the menu, but I found a tutorial to do exactly that. 

https://pinehurstwebsites.com/blogs/pinehurst-websites-e-commerce-and-seo/add-page-of-collections-sh...

Thank you!

rkmsoftware
Shopify Partner
13 1 3

@DirkIn the manual and automated collection, we do not have the option to add meta-field conditions. Is there any solution we can do that