How to add downloadable CAD and SketchUp files to product page?

sophier
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi, 

I would like to add downloadable files to my product pages so that customers can download installation manuals, spec sheets, 2D and 3D files for the product, etc.

I've figured out how to do this for PDF files, however I am unable to do so with CAD (.dwg format) and Sketch Up (.skp) files. Do you know of a way to accomplish this? 

Thanks! 

Replies 7 (7)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@sophier 

Thanks for post 

can you please upload your file manage and asset and link your download button 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
sophier
Tourist
17 0 2

@KetanKumar 

I am unable to upload the .dwg and .skp files to the File section of my site. When I try to do so, Shopify tells me that the file type is not supported.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

Give me store URL with update this link file on you store.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
mhkuhn
Tourist
11 0 3

Hi @sophier ,

I'm also attempting to add downloadable SketchUp files to my site and wondering if you ever got a helpful response and solution?

sophier
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi @mhkuhn

Unfortunately I did not find a solution within Shopify, so I worked with a developer to build an app which allows me to add Sketch Up and CAD files as downloads to my site, and track the number of downloads of those files. 

Good luck with your site! 

mhkuhn
Tourist
11 0 3

Hi @sophier,

Thanks so much for your reply. I made the mistake of assuming this would be a simple feature to add to my Shopify site! Do you mind sharing with me who your app developer was, as well as your website URL so I can see how the app works?

Thanks!

Michael

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 42

Hi @sophier and @mhkuhn,

I have a suggestion that might help you solve the issue of uploading and sharing your CAD or SketchUp files with your clients. It's called the Free Ease Product Attachments App, and it's a great way to add your files to your Shopify store.

Instead of uploading your files directly to Shopify, you can add a link from another platform that allows you to upload your files and generate a shareable link to share with your clients. Some platforms that work well with the app include Dropbox, Google Drive, Sketchfab, WeTransfer, or Autodesk Viewer.

Once you've added your files, you can easily assign them to specific products or all products in your store. The app will create an outstanding block or section on your product page where customers can easily access the files. When they click on the file, it will lead them to the file link that you set up before.

By using the Free Ease Product Attachments App, you don't need to pay anyone to develop custom app or features for your store. It's easy to use and can save you time and money.

I hope this helps!

upload cad and sketch files shopify.png

An example of using the Ease Product Attachments app:

add pdf files to shopify.png

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support