Solved

How to add social media icons to the header of Brooklyn Theme instead of footer.

Tresorbytanya
Excursionist
20 2 6

Hello! I would like to add social media icons to my header. Currently they are on the footer. 

Please advise as to how I can achieve this. 

Website is: www.tresorbytanya.com 

Accepted Solution (1)
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for adding the screenshot, @Tresorbytanya. I appreciate that. 

I took your screenshot and store details to our design team and this would be outside our scope of support. In our professional opinion, having your social media icons at the top of your page may encourage visitors to walk away from your store, and focus on your social accounts instead of the buyer journey on your store. We would love for viewers who land on your store to focus on the buying journey and enjoying your store, which is why the social media icons are typically placed in the footer. 

Here is a great article we found on the web that dives into more detail on how social media icons can impact your page.

What are your thoughts?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @Tresorbytanya.

I'm here to help.

Thanks for reaching out. Brooklyn is a free theme from Shopify. By default, the Brooklyn theme will have the social media icons located in your footer. Stores have 60 minutes of design time allocated, and this time can be used to make certain customizations to your store. Here is our help doc where you can learn more about our Design Policy.

I can definitely check in with our design team if this is a customization that we can work on for you. Before I can do that, I would love to know why it is important for your business to have the social media icons moved to the header of your store. 

Please let me know!

Tresorbytanya
Excursionist
20 2 6

Hi @Tira,

Thank you so much for your response. I actually did not know about the 60 mins of design help! I would definitely be interested! 

The reason why I would like the social media icons (specifically the Instagram / TikTok icons) at the header of my website is because I would like it to be more visible, easily accessible, and in a more prominent spot on my website. Although I do think it's great to have in the footer as well.

See attached. I'm thinking moving everything to the left - logo to the left, the menu centered, the social media icons to the right). Open to your recommendations or suggestions.

Thank you again and I looking forward to hearing back!

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for confirming you would be interested in design time, @Tresorbytanya and for the details on why adding your social media icons at the top of your header would be beneficial to your store. 

I noticed the attachment you've added is one that I'm not able to open on my computer. Can I get you to add your screenshots as an image? 

To do this, when you reply, you can click on the camera icon in the right text editor which looks like this:

02-42-32108-84092

Then you can upload, add a url, or use a saved image to add the photo right into your reply:

02-42-68155-42247

Thanks for your help! Once I can see your screenshots I'll be happy to check on this with our design team for you. 

Talk soon,

Tresorbytanya
Excursionist
20 2 6

Hi @Tira, see below the screenshot. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 10.57.40 AM 2.png

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for adding the screenshot, @Tresorbytanya. I appreciate that. 

I took your screenshot and store details to our design team and this would be outside our scope of support. In our professional opinion, having your social media icons at the top of your page may encourage visitors to walk away from your store, and focus on your social accounts instead of the buyer journey on your store. We would love for viewers who land on your store to focus on the buying journey and enjoying your store, which is why the social media icons are typically placed in the footer. 

Here is a great article we found on the web that dives into more detail on how social media icons can impact your page.

What are your thoughts?

Tresorbytanya
Excursionist
20 2 6

Thank you so much @Tira. That makes total sense and I agree with what you and your team are saying; definitely would not want to lose potential customers. The article was helpful also. I will keep my website design the way that it is. 

Thank you again! I appreciate it!

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for marking my answer to your thread as an accepted solution. I'm so glad we could help, @Tresorbytanya

We're here 24/7 should you need support on moving forward with your business.

Cheers,