How to apply coupon code discount to compare at price on checkout?

maniellowww
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

Hi,
Currently, We used discount apply option individual product.
For example: T-Shirt - 15% off.
Sale Price: 2,108.00
Compare at price: 2,480.00

Suppose, created the discount code 15% code in discount section and apply on checkout section. Totally 30% discount applied to that product. So, solve this issue apply the discount code to compare at price instead of sale price.

Replies 7 (7)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @maniellowww 

I understand that you want to use the compare at price option to showcase the discounted price on a product AFTER a customer uses the discount code. This is not how the compare at price field is designed to work, so you will need to find another solution. 

The compare at price field is designed to showcase "markdowns" on products and will trigger the sale display (if your theme has one) on the product listing on the live site. Example:

19-59-93602-47041

This is the native functionality of the compare at price and how it works. If you wanted to change that, you may be able to do so by altering the theme file code to see compare at prices differently but I am not a theme developer so I can't say for sure if that would work. 

I would recommend providing messaging on the product collections or product pages instead to let customers know that they can save when using the discount code instead of using the compare at price field to showcase that potential discount. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

maniellowww
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

Hi @Shay ,
I know that this is native functionality of the compare at price and how it works. Our client product following like screenshot.

maniellowww_0-1634804051677.png

I have created the 15% coupon code in admin side, Please refer the screenshot.

maniellowww_1-1634804264283.png

I'm applied the discount code to on checkout page. Please refer the screenshot.

maniellowww_3-1634804502176.png

So, I have already added the 15% discount individual product. Customer applied the discount code. It's again applied additional discount to discount price(2108). For solving this issue, we need to applied the discount code to compare at price(2480) on checkout page.

Any possibility apply the discount code to compare at price on checkout page?

Garyblanker
Visitor
2 0 1

I have also encountered this problem, did you find a solution?

biocule
Excursionist
36 0 6

Hi,

Is there any solution to this problem statement, Did you find it?

diospk
Visitor
1 0 0

I know it's been a year since this was posted, but has anyone found a solution to this? We are dealing wtih the same issue on our shop.

whitewater
Tourist
5 0 8

Same here...we want to have compare at price sales on some items, and we also have discount codes floating around everywhere.   We dont want discount codes being used to purchase marked down sales items also.    Is it possible to only apply discount codes to the actual compare at price, not to the sales price?   Shouldn't be too hard.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi everyone,

Thank you for joining the conversation here. I appreciate all your feedback on this topic. While this is still not something that can be done without any customizations to your store, I wanted to let everyone know that your feedback is being shared with our developers for consideration. 

@whitewater you specifically mentioned "We don't want discount codes being used to purchase marked down sales items." While we don't directly support the ability to apply a discount code to a compare at price, you have full control over what products a discount code can apply to. I do recommend making collections of products for specific discount codes to better organize and control where discounts can be applied. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog