How to change a name of a State/Region?

Tungsteno
Excursionist
29 0 3

Hi there!

I’m having a not common problem; my store www.wearhorse.pe is located in Peru and I need to change the State/Region name for "Lima (Departamento)" and "Lima (Provincia)” from the dropdown list at checkout. Basically because down here, people don’t “talk” like that. We don’t use the "Lima (Departamento)" and "Lima (Provincia)" meaning. Shopify is being to “Wikipedia” with this...

HOW IT IS

How it isHow it is

HOW IT HAS TO BE

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 07.45.36.jpg

Dear community, Is there any turn around with -maybe- CSS?

Shopify isn’t being that helpful. They say: "As an update: We had brought this topic to our translation team where it appears they are in the middle of discussing how to proceed with these adjustments. They see great potential in the feedback that you had shared and are evaluating information both internally and externally to ensure it's set up in a way that works for most people."

Thank you!

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Tungsteno.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is helpful. This is something we see requested quite often but unfortunately, there isn’t actually the ability to edit the code for the checkout unless you are on the Shopify Plus plan. The primary reasons behind not being able to edit the checkout CSS are around security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance. If we had customized checkouts, any updates or improvements that we wanted to make would have to be made on a store-by-store basis. As you can imagine, this would take a very long time! It would also make the customer suffer if the checkout was then glitchy/not updated correctly.

We still allow you to customize your checkout style, such as changing the colours and adding a banner to the top of the checkout page. However, ultimately these systems are in place with the primary focus of making our platform more secure for you and your customers. We hope you understand that it’s with your best interest at heart.

One thing I can do is send your request up to our development team for you. At Shopify, we pride ourselves on the continued growth and development of our platform, and we are only able to strive towards this goal with feedback and comments from merchants just like you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tungsteno
Excursionist
29 0 3

Hi Ollie,

Shopify Support is already checking this matter but it’s taking to long and I’m losing sales because of this… 😞

Lina (Shopify)

Oct 18, 2021, 15:59 EDT

Hello, Javier!

This is Lina, from Shopify. Our fellow Support Advisors Medayah and Mac were communicating with you in regards to some changes to the drop-down options at your checkout. Thank you for your patience while we look into this for you as we really appreciate it!

I wanted to use this email ticket (26668734) as a place to communicate where we are on this matter. As well as a means to continue supporting you in the case you had any follow-up questions or information in the meantime.

As an update: We had brought this topic to our translation team where it appears they are in the middle of discussing how to proceed with these adjustments. They see great potential in the feedback that you had shared and are evaluating information both internally and externally to ensure it's set up in a way that works for most people.

I'm keeping a close eye on this and continuously monitoring the situation. Additionally, I'll be keeping this email thread in particular in my personal queue meaning all incoming emails in direct response shall arrive in my inbox.

Let me know if you have any concerns or questions and I'll be sure to respond back. Just as long it's not a weekend then most likely you'll receive an email reply from one of my teammates. We'll be in touch!

Kind Regards,

Lina B. | Support Advisor

vdelaflor
Visitor
1 0 0

Do you have any update about this?