How to Change Button Links from Default Collection Pages to Custom Pages (Dawn Theme)

JackPElliott
Tourist
8 0 1

hi,

I want to change the links of a few buttons on my homepage. I do not use the default collection pages. Rather, I have made custom page templates for each collection. Right now the image banner button and the View All button under the featured collection both link to the default collection page. How do I link these to my custom pages?

I have the same problem in my collection list further down the page, where each collection links to the default collection pages rather than my custom pages.

The only way right now to get to the correct custom page templates is to go through the top menu > collections > and clicking one of the collections.

How do I fix these links?

goodmissgolfcompany.myshopify.com

password: haibao

thanks,
Jack

Replies 3 (3)

JackPElliott
Tourist
8 0 1

Update: I've made some progress but not fixed everything. I changed the link on the image banner to the correct page. I've been trying to figure out so many coding issues that I forgot some things can be done easily right in the settings. I also fixed the featured collection view all link. I made a new section called featured-collection-homepage and changed the button's <a href> to the correct URL.

However, I still need to figure out how to link the collection list to the proper pages. I'm gonna try a similar fix as above but would appreciate anyone else's opinion/solution. I've been slowly fumbling my way through editing the code through trial and error.

Additionally, I don't necessarily need that section to be a Collection List. I just want a way to display several collections in large square image form and a collection list seems like the obvious choice. But I'm wondering if maybe there was a way to alter the Collage, so that all three images are equal size squares. Or some other way to have a grid of square images that link to specific pages.

thanks,

Jack

FayeHu
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi Jack,

Would you please guide me on how to change the View All link? Thanks!

Faye

Turnip
Excursionist
20 0 3

Hi @JackPElliott 

Did you manage to link the View All button to a custom collection? I'd like to do the same!

Thanks 🙂