Solved

How to change font for product description ONLY (DAWN theme)

Shopfashion1
Tourist
3 0 2

Just installed the new DAWN theme with shopify OS 2.0 and I can't figure out where I can change the font in the code for the product description only?

So I have the code to change font and size etc, just have no clue where to place it. 

Thanks in advance for your support

Accepted Solution (1)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

This is an accepted solution.

@Shopfashion1 

You can use the following code to change the font. You need to add this at the bottom of your assets/section-main-product.css file.

.product__description.rte{
font-family: "Your font name here.." !important;
color: your color code here..
}

Note: You have to change your font name and color in the above code.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

This is an accepted solution.

@Shopfashion1 

You can use the following code to change the font. You need to add this at the bottom of your assets/section-main-product.css file.

.product__description.rte{
font-family: "Your font name here.." !important;
color: your color code here..
}

Note: You have to change your font name and color in the above code.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Shopfashion1
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank  you! It's working but how can I make it mobile(small screen) only, the code I used before isn't working

I tried: @include screen($small) & @media screen and (max-width: 749px)

I also noticed it doesn't apply to the product tabs(from the theme itself, not any 3d party app). Where do I add the code to change the font for the tabs too?

Appreciate your support! 

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

@Shopfashion1 

For the mobile you can use the following media.

@media screen and (max-width: 749px){
Your code here..
}

Code will work for description text only not for tabs etc. If you provide your store URL. I can check in detail.

Shopfashion1
Tourist
3 0 2

I found the section where I could paste the code to change the font of the tabs:

Component-accordion.css --> .accordion__content

Thanks for your support! 

DandyBabies
5 0 0

Hi!

I'm having the same question.  I want to change the font of my product title only, in Dawn, but I can't follow these directions.  I am brand new to Shopify, and am trying this on a Chromebook, but do not see where I should add this info to.  I accept that it's a hole in my knowledge and was hoping you could help.

Thanks,

Lesa