Solved

How to change the button link on shipping confirmation email

W_J_B
Tourist
8 2 1

Hey. Does anyone with some coding knowledge know how to change the button link on the shipping confirmation email please?

At the moment the button says ‘View Your Order’ and pressing it takes you to the order confirmation page. But the wording on the order confirmation page post-shipping is confusing , and you can’t change it. I feel that the focus of this email should be to point people to the order tracking.

So instead I want to change the button to say: ‘Track Your Order’ and for clicking it to do the same thing as clicking the tracking number below - ie take the customer to the carrier’s tracking page to view their order tracking.

I can see how to change the wording on the button in the code, and how to remove the button, but not how to change the button link.

Thanks in advance 🙏😊

Accepted Solution (1)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1728 480 353

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @W_J_B,

Provided you haven't changed anything else, the line numbers should be the same.

Change the highlighted part in the first image to 

<td class="button__cell"><a href="{{ fulfillment.tracking_url }}" class="button__text">Track your order</a></td>

Before 

ThePrimeWeb_1-1708865036211.png

After

ThePrimeWeb_0-1708864983275.png

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? contact@theprimeweb.com or check out the website

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1728 480 353

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @W_J_B,

Provided you haven't changed anything else, the line numbers should be the same.

Change the highlighted part in the first image to 

<td class="button__cell"><a href="{{ fulfillment.tracking_url }}" class="button__text">Track your order</a></td>

Before 

ThePrimeWeb_1-1708865036211.png

After

ThePrimeWeb_0-1708864983275.png

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? contact@theprimeweb.com or check out the website
W_J_B
Tourist
8 2 1

Perfect. Thank you so much! 😊🙏