Re: How to change the default image that is displayed for "No Image" using Dawn Theme

How to change the default image that is displayed for "No Image" using Dawn Theme

LanceAllison
Shopify Partner
55 2 12

I'm using the Dawn theme.

How do I change the default image that appears for a product when there is no image attached to the product?

Thanks!

Replies 6 (6)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36941 3642 12003

@LanceAllison 

yes you can do if and else your images

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
LanceAllison
Shopify Partner
55 2 12

Sorry, don't understand.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36941 3642 12003

@LanceAllison 

It can be done by doing some code customization. please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

hockey2112
Shopify Partner
12 1 1
  1. Create your new default image in jpg format, and name it "default-image.jpg".
  2. Go to admin > Online Store > Themes > Edit Code.
  3. Go to the Assets folder, find the existing default-image.jpg. Click the pencil icon to edit it, and change its filename to default-image-OLD.jpg.
  4. Within the Assets folder, click the "Add a new asset" link. Use the pop-up form to upload your new image.

That's it! Clear your browser cache, and you should now see your new placeholder image instead of the "No Image" default image that was previously displayed.

bart23
Visitor
1 0 0

For me there wasn't any default-image.jpg inside assest folder. So I added the new file but default-image.jpg not showing up at frontend - https://prnt.sc/xcyJoZr4FB6-

any suggestion ?
or anything should be activated from the backend ?

mcowlesHabitat
Tourist
8 0 1

I'm needing to do this as well, have you found a solution yet?