Solved

How to change the price on a collection page for a specific collection

KellyV
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi,

I would like to delete the price on a specific collection page. Is this possible? I found a solution for deleting the price on all collections, but I would like to delete it for a specific collection.

Website and specific collection: https://byfaye.nl/collections/twinning

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

This is an accepted solution.

@KellyV 

sorry for that issue 

yes please try this code

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/theme.scss.liquid->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

#twinning-is-winning span.grid-product__price-wrap {
    display: none;
}

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

This is an accepted solution.

@KellyV 

sorry for that issue 

yes please try this code

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/theme.scss.liquid->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

#twinning-is-winning span.grid-product__price-wrap {
    display: none;
}

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
KellyV
Visitor
2 0 2

Perfect! Thanks!

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@KellyV 

its my pleasure to help us 

rm014
Shopify Partner
34 0 2

Hi @KetanKumar, can you please help me as well as i want to hide just this note beside the product price. Here's my store link.
rm014_0-1673398188563.png

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @KellyV!

I just wanted to hop in here and let you know about alternate templates for your theme. An alternate template lets you create a new template for the layout of your page. In this new template you create, you can hide the price of the products for this collection! I wanted to mention it here for the future, just so you would not need to edit the theme code if you wanted to add the prices back in at any stage.

The way your product page is currently laid out is dictated by the template that is applied in the product/collection/blog section of the admin.

07-12-69056-35734

The standard template is added as default to all your collections, as it does not need to be changed for a lot of merchants. But there are times when you will want to remove some standard parts of the page for certain collections, so you can edit the template (layout) depending on your needs! This means you can create another template that that hides the prices, hides descriptions, adds vendors - whatever you need to add or remove from your usual pages! Once you create an alternative template, you can go to the collection in the admin and apply that template to whichever collections you like. Those select collections will then all have the same layout on the online store.

There is a guide here on how to hide product prices, you can apply this guide to the alternate template you create for this specific collection. This helpful guide on creating product templates will walk you through the process! It's important to note that this customization is for vintage Shopify themes, and doesn't apply to Online Store 2.0 themes. In July 2021, Shopify released a new theme architecture called Online Store 2.0. Themes that use the previous architecture are called vintage themes. You can use this table here to determine which architecture your theme is using! 

The tutorial also differs depending on if your theme has sections or not - you can click on either of these buttons to see the guide for sectioned or non-sectioned themes:

Ava_4-1636301248592.png

If you are using a free theme from Shopify and are having difficulty following this guide, you can reach out to our support team here to see if the Theme Support team can implement these changes for you.

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog