How to change the Sandwich Menu in the Narrative theme?

Saabir77
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi I'm new to this forum, I bought two other themes from themeforest.net but they were mobile unfriendly and they were always saying,  that my product were out of the stock. So i decided to use this free shopify theme before I try to buy another theme.

So i want to know how to change the Sandwich menu into sideway menu on the pc version? And the theme that I'm using is Narrative theme

Replies 4 (4)
Alex23
Shopify Staff (Retired)
521 1 107

Hey, there!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team - welcome!

Glad to hear that you're looking into our free theme options, that's great! 

The way the menu works in Narrative is intentional - it's designed for merchants that would like to have that sandwich menu at all times, rather than across the top of their header. Since that's the case, changing this would require custom coding, which would be beyond what we can support from our end. If you'd really like to stick with Narrative and would like a horizontal menu on your home page, you could always reach out to a third-party design expert for help in customizing the theme for you. There's other options, however!

Narrative's slideshow allows for slide titles as well as call to action buttons, if you haven't yet explored that function. That being the case, you can essentially use the slideshow as a kind of visual menu - you could use descriptive slide titles to help your customers navigate the slideshow, and add photos and text with more information on the product or collection you're adding a link to. There's more information on that in our guide on Narrative!

Alternately, you could try out a theme that features a menu at the top of the screen by default. I might suggest a theme like Boundless or Brooklyn, if you're interested in checking out other themes that might work for you as-is.

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Midnight_Natura
2 0 0

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for this detailed reply! I had the exact same question and you answered it. Thanks for being so helpful and straightforward! 

Katerina

Midnight Naturals

dannydolan
1 0 0

Will they ever make an option to change the navigation. Because this is the best free theme, offers a sticky header (mobile and desktop) the navigation is the big turn-off. 

TinaT
Tourist
8 0 1

Agree, Narrative is the best free theme but the sandwich menu is terrible. It would be good if you could implement an option to have a horizontal menu. Many people cant afford to hire someone to program it for them, what with all the money we already spend monthly on paying shopify to host our stores. So please, Shopify, do something so small to help your customers.