Solved

How to combine Variant options with Filters

1davidk1
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a wheel store and I'm making the website for it on Shopify. As an example I look at 2 websites:

methodracewheels.com/collections/all/products/321-gloss-black?variant=40666399703101

&

racetreads.com (this one is actually a tire website, but it has a similar approach).

What I need is: I have 3 attributes when selecting a wheel: Wheel Size; Bolt Pattern; Offset Spacing. After that I should be able to choose between the colors.

If I just name the 1st Variant option: "Color" and the 2nd: "Wheel Size | Bolt Pattern | Offset Spacing" (as shown in the first example product page), then I won't be able to filter each individual option: "Wheel Size", "Bolt Pattern", "Offset Spacing"

If I make them as individual variants, then due to shopify's limitations I can't add color, since I can add only 3 variant options. And again, I want it to be as a single dropdown menu, not as several ones.

I've tried external apps that 'extend' the variant options, but then again, how do I filter them? How to assign individual SKU's to them? I can add custom metafields, but only for the same title of products, not for an individual variant.

In the future, I'm looking forward to add an app that will verify the fitment for a vehicle, so I guess I need it to be filterable in some sort anyway.

Will be thankful for any help!

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 21.42.23.pngScreenshot 2024-05-01 at 23.30.23 1.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Nancy_Drake
Shopify Partner
194 11 21

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @1davidk1 

You can add "Color" and "Wheel Size | Bolt Pattern | Offset Spacing" as product options like this page https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/all/products/321-gloss-black?variant=40666400194621

Then copy the ""Wheel Size | Bolt Pattern | Offset Spacing" option to variant metafield and use AI Search & Product Filter to add filter for each individual option "Wheel Size", "Bolt Pattern", "Offset Spacing" based on variant metafield.

AI Search & Product Filter | SB - Check out our Shopify search and filter app to drive more sales

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nancy_Drake
Shopify Partner
194 11 21

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @1davidk1 

You can add "Color" and "Wheel Size | Bolt Pattern | Offset Spacing" as product options like this page https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/all/products/321-gloss-black?variant=40666400194621

Then copy the ""Wheel Size | Bolt Pattern | Offset Spacing" option to variant metafield and use AI Search & Product Filter to add filter for each individual option "Wheel Size", "Bolt Pattern", "Offset Spacing" based on variant metafield.

AI Search & Product Filter | SB - Check out our Shopify search and filter app to drive more sales
1davidk1
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for the answer! I thought about this. But I couldn't figure out - how do I make a metafield for an individual variant?

Edited: Nevermind I just figured it out. Thanks for the solution!