How to create a 2 column footer in Debut?

ScentFluence
Excursionist
29 0 9

Is there a way my footer doesn't need to be crazy long?

Having a 2 column footer could help.

I've tried creating a 3rd footer, thus placing 1/2 my links in one and 1/2 in the other but that is not possible without coding I suspect.

Is my only choice really to pick a different theme that has too columns? Seems extreme.

Thanks

Replies 6 (6)

Mr_RaviRaj
Shopify Partner
505 57 108

@ScentFluence 

Kindly Share your Store URL,
So that i can help you.

banned

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @ScentFluence.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have let us know which theme you are using as that is very helpful! Looking into the Debut theme, I noticed that we can navigate to the Theme Editor and select on the footer section, you can remove the blocks to allow only two columns on the section. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the specific area I am referencing:

28-39-70807-65990

Once you have removed the existing columns, you can Add blocks to the footer section of your choice to have two columns displayed.

28-41-52010-16631

Let me know what you think, I am looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ScentFluence
Excursionist
29 0 9

In some terms this was a successful recommendation so thank you. However, it creates more problems.

Alignment is now awful and unfortunately not much can be done.

Spacing between the menu items is not best. Only way to somewhat see the menu decently is to hide the newsletter signup, which is not beneficial.

Always sad there's no drag and drop options.

But thanks

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @ScentFluence.

Thanks for the quick response!

In this case, if you have made these changes and the footer section is not displaying to your liking, you could make a custom coding change to the theme. Since the Debut theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to have our internal team make the changes on your behalf.

29-13-36324-63367

If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before speaking directly with a Support Advisor about the changes you would like to see.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tinytasks
Explorer
39 3 5

Hi @ScentFluence,

Can you share your store URL ?

ScentFluence
Excursionist
29 0 9

scentfluence.com