how to create separate collection

Bloza
Visitor
2 0 1

How do I create one collection list with separate clothing categories for women and one collection list with separate clothing categories for men?

I want my customers to be able to click on "Women", or "Men", and be taken to a separate collection list for that gender, that contains different clothing categories inside that collection, like "T-Shirts" and "Hoodies". I don't want both women's and men's categories jumbled together on the same collection list.

At the moment, I can only figure out how to have one collection list with all categories for both women and men.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies 7 (7)

LeanidasEcom
Shopify Partner
91 7 18

1) you can use tags in your products
2) As others do, they create separate collections for each. For example, a collection of women's shorts and a collection of men's shorts, a collection of women's T-shirts, a collection of men's T-shirts, and so on.
And in Navigation, you are already sorting these collections

screenshot 2022-06-07 в 00.15.55.png

Shopify Agency - STEP-MEDIA™
≈ Shopify SEO promotion | Create Shopify store high conversion ≈
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Bloza
Visitor
2 0 1

thank you for the solution but I was asking how can I create a separate collection for the homepage not the menu in the header

Blair
Shopify Staff
1813 253 219

Hi @Bloza,

Thank you for the prompt response. To ensure I full understand, are you looking for the home page to look similar to the screenshot below:

If yes, you can successfully complete this by following the steps above within the Navigation! If not however, are you able to share a few more details on how you're looking to display this? 

I look forward to your response. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lucene2023
Visitor
2 0 1

Am having the problem and it's annoying 

TopherAdam
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. You want to create two different collections, one is Men's and the other is Women's but the system is using the men in both woMEN and MEN and not allowing you to seperate the items in your store?? That's what I am having issues with at least. So annoying. LOL 

If anyone knows, help!

Blair
Shopify Staff
1813 253 219

Hey @Bloza,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some guidance with creating collections, to get this resolved. To provide some context, collections can be created and utilized to categorize various types of products on the storefront. I recommend checking out our Collections Documentation for more information on this. 

As mentioned, you can create multiple Collections to categorize all available clothing for both men and women as well as their subcategories (i.e T-Shirts, Hoodies, Dresses, etc). To create a collection, you can: 

• From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.

• Click Create collection.

• Enter a title and description for the collection.

• In the Collection type section, click Manual.

• Click Save.

• In the Products section, search for products or click Browse, and then add the products that you want to have in the collection.

• In the Sales channels section, click Manage to select the sales channels where you want your collection to be Available. 
  • In the Collection Image section, click Add Image to upload an image for the collection.
  • Click Save. 

Once all collections have successfully been created, you will want to add them to the shops Navigation. This is where you can create drop-down menus on the storefront to organize collections into Men's and Women's Clothing.  To Add A Menu Item, you can: 

• Head to Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu, from the Shopify admin. 
  • Click Add menu item.

• Enter a name for the menu item. This name displays in the menu, and can include special characters or emoji.

• Click the Link field, and then enter the collection you're looking to add. 

• Click Save. 

After all collections have been added to the shop's main menu, you will need to re-organize them into a drop-down style menu. To achieve this, you can: 

• Head to Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu, from the Shopify admin. 
  • Click the title of the menu that you want to reorder.

• Click and hold the handle icon (⠿) beside the menu item, and then drag the menu item right below the main collection (i.e Women's Clothing) to position it. 

• Click Save. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lucene2023
Visitor
2 0 1

Men

t-shirt 

Women

t-shirt 

How will you add t-shirt without making mistakes?