How to customise 'add to cart' text in Dawn theme

niapeacock
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi! I'm using the dawn theme and I would really like to know if there's a way to customise the text on the 'Add to cart' and 'Buy it now' buttons. I would like them capitalised and also it annoys me that the "cart" item is a bag in this theme yet it still says cart. I can find mentions of the cart in 'edit languages' but not these buttons themselves. Really appreciate any help!

Replies 5 (5)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

Hi @niapeacock 

Would you mind sharing your store's URL so we can take a look at that and see how we can assist?

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
niapeacock
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi!

Thanks for replying. I managed to change all the mentions of 'cart' to 'bag'. However, I still can't find the 'Buy it now' button to capitalise it in edit languages. When I search for mentions of the word 'buy' it comes up with other selections of text including the word but not 'buy it now'.

I would prefer not to use code if possible to keep my site as fast as it can be but any help at all will be appreciated 🙂

Also this isn't so important but I'd like the variant boxes with the clothing sizes to be rectangular as opposed to rounded if possible. Again I've attached a picture of what they currently look like.

My site URL is www.onenia.co.uk - I've taken off the password so you can access easily. Thanks so much I really appreciate it!

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

For the rectangular issue add the following code:

.product-form__input input[type=radio]+label
{
border-radius:0em!important;
}

As for the Buy it now, this is dynamically added so you need to do it via CSS, won't affect loading time as it's a very small styling change:

button.shopify-payment-button__button.shopify-payment-button__button--unbranded._2ogcW-Q9I-rgsSkNbRiJzA._2EiMjnumZ6FVtlC7RViKtj._2-dUletcCZ2ZL1aaH0GXxT
{
text-transform:capitalize;
}

Should that help answer your query, we always appreciate liking & marking an as answer to let the community find quality solutions faster. Thanks!

niapeacock
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response. I added the code you sent but it made no change unfortunately. I don't know anything about code myself so perhaps I added it in the wrong place? I pasted them at the very end of theme.liquid but please correct me if this is why it was unsuccessful!

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

It should be at the end of the base.css file, my bad!