How to Disable Ajax Add to cart in Brooklyn theme

Mysticwargames
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I'm using the Brooklyn Theme in my shop www.mysticwargames.com and I recently installed Bold Upsell on my shop. However, the upsell offer when the client clicks add to cart is not working.

From what I was able to gather online, this may be because the Brooklyn theme uses ajax in its add-to-cart button. However, I have looked around all the theme settings and I can't figure out how to deactivate this functionality.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Replies 4 (4)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9824 2234 3071

@Mysticwargames 

Disabling Ajax Cart Types

Several Shopify themes use "fancy" cart types, which may not be compatible with Product Customizer. These cart types either:

• update the cart in a non-standard way using ajax – without using a page refresh to update the cart, option prices cannot be updated.
  • do not use a cart template, and instead fill the cart contents dynamically via javascript – this means that the "Item Customizations" line item cannot be properly hidden and updated with the main product.

When using the premium tier of Product Customizer, please ensure you disable "drawer", "modal", or other fancy-style carts in your theme.

How to Disable

To disable these cart types and change your cart type, please go to "Customize theme", then under "Cart Page" (or a similar section), change "Cart type" to "Page". Drawer, slide out, or modal cart types are incompatible with option pricing.

5ba9d1db88f18.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
Mysticwargames
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi dmwwebartisan,

Thanks for your answer.

Changing theme, is not really a good option right now, since that would
require a lot of work and customization.

Regarding the check-out theme option, this is already set to page. But
still when I the client clicks the add to cart button, he gets
automatically redirected to the cart page without seeing the upsell option.

Best,
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9824 2234 3071

@Mysticwargames 

your shop URL not working Please share correct URL.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →