How to display multiple variants of the same product on home page

DapperGent
Excursionist
16 0 3

Hello. I would like to display multiple variants of the same product on the home page. Or I would like to create a separate product per variant in my collections. Is this possible? I'm using the dawn theme. Thanks in advance.

Replies 7 (7)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @DapperGent!

The easiest and most cost-effective way to do this is to separate your variants and create them all as individual products. In this way, they'll all appear individually on your store's collection and home pages. If you'd like to keep all of your variants within the same product however, rather than separate them as individual products, this should be possible by adding a custom code onto your store's theme. You can look into hiring one of our Shopify Experts to help you code a tailored solution onto your theme if you're not comfortable with coding.

The other option is to look at installing a third-party app. An app such as this one may be able to help. Though because the app states that they can show variants on the collection page, you might need to check with the app support team to see if it'll give you the ability to also show variants on the home page.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DapperGent
Excursionist
16 0 3

Thanks. I know i can split the variants in oberlo but only when it's in my import list. After I add the product to my store, I no longer see an option. I'm comfortable with the second method of modifying the code. I just need to know what code to use and where to place it. The third method is too expensive for what I want to do. 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@DapperGent

I found a Community Forums thread here that discusses this further if you'd like to have a look. There is a link within that discussion of a third-party code, although it isn't a Shopify supported tutorial so we can't verify whether or not the code will work. It may require some testing on your end, and if you're interested in doing that I suggest duplicating your theme before making any code changes so that you have your current theme to revert back to.

DapperGent
Excursionist
16 0 3

@Kimi So after a bit of research I figured out how to accomplish what I want to do. I just went into the product page and duplicated it and deleted all variants except for the variant I want to turn into a separate product. Otherwise I kept the settings the same. I did this for each variant and now have a separate product for each. Then I added a tag to the duplicates and created a collection based on the tag. It's tedious but it works. Thanks for your help. 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@DapperGent

Great to hear that you've accomplished what you were looking to do! Thank you for sharing this with us too, it'll definitely help any other merchants that are looking to accomplish something similar.

markus12
Shopify Partner
30 1 14

Here's a tool & liquid code which can help with all of this and managing those duplicated products:

https://eushopa.com/howto/color-variants/

MRamzan
Shopify Partner
92 1 19

You can follow this to display multiple variants:

Hire Me:

WhatsApp: +91-9145985880
Email: mohdramzaan112@gmail.com