How to display sold-out paintings on my website?

How to display sold-out paintings on my website?

Robbie_Cook
Tourist
9 0 4

I want to add a not for sale option to some of my products. I sale original paintings and I would like to show those that are sold as well as those that are for sale. The reason is to show and validate the value of work.

Replies 5 (5)

JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
3571 638 924

Hi @Robbie_Cook 

Would that "Not For Sale" include hiding the "add to cart" button and adding a overlay on top of the product's image?

Do let me know!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
Robbie_Cook
Tourist
9 0 4

Yes that is correct. I would not need the quantity or add to cart button. I would not need an overlay on the image. I would however like to be able to click on the image and see a large version of all my products. Currently I can hover over the image and it provides magnification which is fine but I would like to have one that opens in separately.

Robbie_Cook
Tourist
9 0 4

From what I can tell my current theme will not allow me to disable the cart for certain products. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6350 582 1356

If your theme is compatible with Online Store 2.0 make an alternate product template with the add to cart buttons disabled and assign that to those products.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/theme-structure/templates#create-a-new-templa... 

Alternatively use pages or blog posts, remove the inventory from product turn off continue-selling-when-out-of-stock, then setup a redirect from the product url to the new /pages or blog-post url.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

sangha23
Visitor
1 0 0

I want to implement that feature for one of my tubbo merch store that has a very old design and I want to change or replace it with the new one.