Solved

How to Export Shop Images (Banners, Slideshow Images, etc.)

roseanna92
Shopify Partner
9 1 3

Hello, 

I am trying to find a way to export the images from one shop and import them into another with the same theme. Looking to export the image files for image banners, slideshows, logos and photos used throughout my shop pages. I don't need the product listing photos. 

Apparently once exported, you can simply drop the photos into the "Files" section (found in Settings) of the new shop you want the pictures. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

Accepted Solution (1)

roseanna92
Shopify Partner
9 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

UPDATE: I was able to find a free app called "Filey" that downloads your shop data including images and product listings. It worked perfect for transferring my data to another store. 

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

EYCB
Shopify Partner
70 5 13

Hello There,

1. You can export the images from your current store by using the file export feature in the Shopify admin panel. Go to the "Settings" > "Files" section and select the images you want to export. Once exported, you can import them into your new store by uploading them to the "Files" section in the new store.

banned
roseanna92
Shopify Partner
9 1 3

Hello Coddvila, Thank you for the reply. I am unable to find the export feature when I am in Files. The only option I have is to upload files or copy the link of individual photos. Is there something I am missing here? Thank you!

EYCB
Shopify Partner
70 5 13

Hello There,

1. You can export the images from your current store by using the file export feature in the Shopify admin panel. Go to the "Settings" > "Files" section and select the images you want to export. Once exported, you can import them into your new store by uploading them to the "Files" section in the new store.

banned

roseanna92
Shopify Partner
9 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

UPDATE: I was able to find a free app called "Filey" that downloads your shop data including images and product listings. It worked perfect for transferring my data to another store. 

tahmina_17
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hi there!

Recently, I have read a blog on the issue you mentioned. Here, they described step-by-step guidelines for importing images in every way like exporting images in bulk or individually from the Shopify store and even using third party apps from Shopify store. Besides, some tricks were given as well. 

I am just sharing the blog link with you and hoping it might be helpful for you- 3 Ways To Easily Export Images From Shopify Store

Fernando_Machic
Tourist
3 0 3

Is there still no native solution to export your assets other than a third-party app?   There is another thread that this was promised 4 years ago.