Where can I locate the code to adjust the footer heading size?

PetraQI
Pathfinder
87 4 16

Hello! 🙂

I'm actually testing the new Origin theme and I'd like to change the size of the heading in the footer.

About coding I have very limited knowledge... I tried to find where code is, but no luck.

I searched in: base.css, section-footer.css, footer.liquid, theme.liquid, main-page-liquid

PetraQI_0-1672335877620.png

1. In general, with the DevTools Console, where do I see in which coding file I have to go??
  2. And where, for my specific question?

Thank you!!
Petra

Replies 11 (11)

Musfirah
Shopify Partner
44 5 8

Hi @PetraQI ! 
To change the size of heading in footer, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code.

Step 2: Go to Assets -> Find section-footer.css file

Step 3: Find the class footer-block__heading and replace the code with the one below

.footer-block__heading{
  margin-bottom: 2rem;
  margin-top: 0;
  font-size: 20px !important;
}

change the font-size to whatever size you like.

PetraQI
Pathfinder
87 4 16

Hi @Musfirah ,

Sorry for my late reply!

Thank you very much 😊.

I'm really interested to learn, how can I see in the DevConsole that this is inside the Assets??
It's most time not my problem to find a code, but my problem is I don't see where the code is located.

Your code is working perfectly! 😍

Best,

Petra

PetraQI
Pathfinder
87 4 16

Hi again @Musfirah,
hope my mail finds you well!

Do you know the answer to my question from above?
I'd be very happy to understand this:

How can I see in the DevConsole that this is inside the Assets??
It's most time not my problem to find a code, but my problem is I don't see where the code is located in the code editor.

Thanks a lot!!

Best, Petra

Musfirah
Shopify Partner
44 5 8

Hi @PetraQI , 
If the file extension is .css or .js it will be located in the Assets folder.

PetraQI
Pathfinder
87 4 16

Dear @Musfirah ,
many thanks, okay I see it in the example screenshot (initial from 29.Dec 2022) and understand it.

However, it seems not to be valid for all.

I must change the text of the Paypal button, my lawyer says this must be written with the German words "jetzt kaufen" . Please see attachment below!

I followed what you said, but can't recognize where it is.

Thanks a lot!

Best, Petra

cc @Gabe copying you, as this legals stuff might interest Shopify

PetraQI_0-1675173063198.png

Gabe
Shopify Staff
16762 2649 3928

Hey @PetraQI 

The words "Jetzt kaufen" are not fully correct either as the PayPal button in your screenshot does NOT enter you into the "purchasing contract" but instead redirects you to the PayPal Offsite, which is not the act of purchasing yet. There still are a few steps to take before you commit to the final contract. Perhaps something like "Jetzt bestellen" is better?

Therefore your lawyer doesn't seem to be fully correct. You can, however, try to find the "button.liquid" file in the "Sections" folder and edit it. Tbh, I don't think this PayPal Button text is changeable though as it is coming from PayPal, not Shopify.

But you can:

1. Look for the section of code that creates the PayPal button and find the label.
  2. Replace the text for the label with your desired text (e.g. "Jetzt bestellen" instead of "jetzt kaufen").
  3. Save the changes.

Be careful when making changes to your theme's code, as a small error can affect the functionality of your entire site so perhaps try that in a theme copy first!

😉

Gabe | Social Care @ Shopify
 - War meine Antwort hilfreich? Klicke Like um es mich wissen zu lassen! 
 - Wurde deine Frage beantwortet? Markiere es als Akzeptierte Lösung 
 - Um mehr zu erfahren, besuche das Shopify Help Center oder den Shopify Blog

PetraQI
Pathfinder
87 4 16

Hey @Gabe ,

many thanks for your reply!
The lawyer is a friend whose job is, to check websites for legal correctness. So I was trusting her. She's doing this every day.
However, what you write also sounds logical! I'll double-check with her. I'm curious what will be the final result 😉 . Will let you know!

Technical part is clear to me. Thanks!!
Only, I still don't know how I can recognize in the Chrome DevConsole that this is in the (button).liquid??

Warm regards, Petra

PetraQI
Pathfinder
87 4 16

Edit: I changed it here:

PetraQI_0-1675193395801.png

but no reaction.

@Gabe 

Gabe
Shopify Staff
16762 2649 3928

Yes that button is pulled from PayPal itself. Currently the PayPal Label would have to be changed by the PayPal team. Tbh, I don't think you will get in trouble for that button and I would advise to be careful you don't spend too much of your precious time on this 😉 . 70,000 stores in Germany currently have this button and are trading nice and healthy 😉

Gabe | Social Care @ Shopify
 - War meine Antwort hilfreich? Klicke Like um es mich wissen zu lassen! 
 - Wurde deine Frage beantwortet? Markiere es als Akzeptierte Lösung 
 - Um mehr zu erfahren, besuche das Shopify Help Center oder den Shopify Blog

Barzen
4 0 0

Hi, how do I change the text color of all my headings, brought a custom shopify theme and all the css files are mixed up and cant change heading main menu bar from grey to white, any help would be much appreciated 🙂 thanks

Musfirah
Shopify Partner
44 5 8

You can see the file names at the right side of the console. where the classes are written. To search the class where you have to change you can press ctrl+F inside file and write the class name that is written along with the file name. For example, In this case, search for footer-block__heading.