How to make drop down menu sticky instead of going to all collection page? (broadcast theme)

TimTakeTwo
Excursionist
28 0 6

Hello,

Currently my main menu button "shop" is a drop down when i hover and when i click it it goes to all collection.

TimTakeTwo_0-1704567503653.png

Instead of doing that is it possible for me to click it to have the menu drop down and be sticky?

Thank you in advance.

Replies 5 (5)

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1178 129 296

Try editing your link for "shop" within your navigation menu to go to "#" instead of to your collections page. 

navigation menu hashtag.png

This will make it so that when you click into "Shop" (to see the dropdown menu), it doesn't change the page, and customers can actually see the dropdown menu (instead of just having to hover over it).

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

Hire me for your Shopify project @ stephens.world | support@stephensworld.ca

TimTakeTwo
Excursionist
28 0 6

Hello,

This seems to make "shop" not clickable and just show the hover drop down menu now.

Any way to make the menu stay dropped?

Thank you.

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1178 129 296

Yes, that's what you asked for. 

You have to pick what you'd like to happen when they click on "shop" -- either it goes to your 'all collection page' or it can show the dropdown. If you want it to go to your 'all collection' page, then customers would have to hover over the link to see the dropdown. You can't have 2 'clicking' functions at the same time.

TimTakeTwo
Excursionist
28 0 6

No I mean it doesnt stay down. I dont want it to go to my all collections page.

The menu drops when I click but it doesnt stay down and close when i move my cursor away.

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1178 129 296

You'd need to hire a Partner/Expert who specializes in coding then, to custom code the way your dropdown menus work.

See here: https://www.shopify.com/partners/directory/services/store-setup/customize-theme