Solved

How to make font size on all my product descriptions match

Aiturtle
Tourist
18 0 3

Font sizes.pngHey guys, I've noticed that different products have different font sizes for their product descriptions and I can't figure out how to make it so all the descriptions use the same font size. I've attached a screenshot to show this but my store URL is https://www.alpinetails.com/ and password is Delah11. Editing the products with text pasted from word doesn't make a difference. Thank you in advance for any help.

Accepted Solutions (2)
AliReviews
Shopify Partner
773 90 354

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Aiturtle 

Sorry for misunderstanding, you can try this code instead:

• Repeat the step 1 I provided above 
  • Go to Assets file -> Add a new asset -> Select "CSS" from the dropdown menu and name the new file something like "custom.css".
  • Add this following code:
.product-single__description {
  font-family: "Your Font Name", sans-serif;
}
  • Replace "Your Font Name" with the name of the font you want to use for your product descriptions. You can also change "sans-serif" to a different font fallback if you prefer.
  • Save and preview.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Ali Reviews team.

- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Ali Reviews - The must-have Shopify app that empowers you to effortlessly collect, display, and manage product reviews.
- Start your FREE trial today!

View solution in original post

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

Hi @Aiturtle,

It seems like your font was styled when you entered the product description. See image below. 

You have two options.

1. Try to fix the font inside the product description in your admin page.

2. Try the code below

1. From your Admin page, go to Online store > Themes > Click the three dots > Edit code
2. Find the Asset folder, and open the base.css
3. Add the code below at the very end of the file

.product__description span {
    font-family: Akko, sans-serif !important;
    font-size: 1rem !important;
}

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

Hi @Aiturtle,

As I can see, it is not different font sizes, but different font

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
Aiturtle
Tourist
18 0 3

Oh really? Yes actually on closer inspection I see what you mean. Any idea how I can make the font the same? Thank you

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

Hi @Aiturtle,

Depending on which font do you prefer?

Aiturtle
Tourist
18 0 3

I'm actually not sure which font is which but I prefer the one on the right. I checked theme settings and I have the font as 'Akko'. So I think thats what I'll go with. I'm not sure why that font hasn't applied to all my product descriptions if that's what is set up in the theme settings

AliReviews
Shopify Partner
773 90 354

Hello @Aiturtle ,

You can try to take these steps:

• Go to Online Store -> Theme -> Actions -> Edit Code

Ref- step 1.png

• Go to Layout -> theme.liquid -> add the following code at the bottom of page:
.product__description {
  font-size: 16px;
  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
}

Note that you can change the font to any font that you want . 

Hope this can work.

Ali Reviews team.

- Ali Reviews - The must-have Shopify app that empowers you to effortlessly collect, display, and manage product reviews.
Aiturtle
Tourist
18 0 3

Hey there,

Thanks for that but unforunately that didn't make a difference, the fonts are still the same as what I screenshotted. Not too sure what's going on or why I can't change them

AliReviews
Shopify Partner
773 90 354

Hello @Aiturtle 

Sorry for misunderstanding, you can try this code instead:

• Repeat the step 1 I provided above 
  • Go to Assets file -> Add a new asset -> Select "CSS" from the dropdown menu and name the new file something like "custom.css".
  • Add this following code:
.product-single__description {
  font-family: "Your Font Name", sans-serif;
}
  • Replace "Your Font Name" with the name of the font you want to use for your product descriptions. You can also change "sans-serif" to a different font fallback if you prefer.
  • Save and preview.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Ali Reviews team.

FP
Tourist
4 0 1

This code changed the font for me but didn't change the font size for all my product descriptions, how do I do this too?  Thanks!

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

Hi @Aiturtle,

It seems like your font was styled when you entered the product description. See image below. 

You have two options.

1. Try to fix the font inside the product description in your admin page.

2. Try the code below

1. From your Admin page, go to Online store > Themes > Click the three dots > Edit code
2. Find the Asset folder, and open the base.css
3. Add the code below at the very end of the file

.product__description span {
    font-family: Akko, sans-serif !important;
    font-size: 1rem !important;
}

Aiturtle
Tourist
18 0 3

Thank you!