Solved

How can I mute a header slideshow video on my website?

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
78 1 11

Hi, I have a youtube video in my header slideshow but it autoplays and has sound.

Please could I get a piece of code/fix to mute any video I put there should I choose to change it?

I am using the iONE theme.

www.silverstork.co.uk

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)
diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

This is an accepted solution.

@Nickahola I'm afraid there is not a simple copy/paste solution in this case. 

You must find where the video is being loaded in the theme and add the mute parameter to its URL (?mute=1). I'd suggest contacting the theme devs, alternatively feel free to shoot me an email. 

Kind regards,
Diego

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

Find the Youtube video link that you've embedded in the slideshow and add &mute=1 at the end of the link URL.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Nickahola
Shopify Partner
78 1 11

Hi thanks for the suggestion but the video isnt embedded, it only allows me to enter the link of the video.

I tried adding your suggestion to the end of the link but it didn't work.

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

This is an accepted solution.

@Nickahola I'm afraid there is not a simple copy/paste solution in this case. 

You must find where the video is being loaded in the theme and add the mute parameter to its URL (?mute=1). I'd suggest contacting the theme devs, alternatively feel free to shoot me an email. 

Kind regards,
Diego

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
78 1 11

Thanks for the further reply. I wasn't able to locate it in the files so I will contact the developers.