how to remove 2 vertical scrollbars in Dawn Theme

CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

hi there,

I have a store already live using Debut theme, however I am working on designing an updated site with Dawn theme.

I am having trouble with the 2 scrollbars that have seemed to appear in my menu dropdown. i have no idea where they have come from or how to remove one of them (the outer one). certain aspects of my coding have been changed by myself to add personalised text boxes on certain product pages but this should not affect the menu drawer.

I have read other topics saying to paste a certain code into vendor.css but there is no vendor.css in dawn theme.

any help is highly appreciated. I cannot post a url link to the site as it is not live yet so have attached a screenshot

Screenshot (24).png

Replies 12 (12)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@CraftacularCrea - can you please share this page link?

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

As the page is not live I cannot share any page link, I am currently working on customising the theme 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479
you can share preview link
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

https://7ao6c4dr0gy7yet4-56881184918.shopifypreview.com

did not know that haha. Here is the preview link 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@CraftacularCrea - on which page do you have these 2 scrolls?

CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

If I preview it on my mobile they are not there, but if I preview it on my laptop to look at mobile view or desktop they show then (just not on full screen)

7C2BFA81-D912-4312-9069-0396D0E8BDCF.png

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@CraftacularCrea - I see like this

suyash1_0-1632043322303.png

suyash1_1-1632043335567.png

CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

Maybe they are just visible in the editor then, I’m very thankful of your help. I was getting worried for a bit as I am not that technical and wanted to try all the design myself as we cannot afford to outsource.

can I ask what you think of the whole layout so far?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@CraftacularCrea - layout is nice with light colors,

also I was able to get 2 scrolls, add this css to  the very end of base.css file to remove one of them

.menu-drawer__inner-container {
    overflow: hidden;
}

CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

@suyash1 Thank You so much my friend! that has worked perfectly!

I still have so much more work to do on designing the new store. I am trying to make it as simple and user friendly as possible whilst still looking professional. Our store that is now live just does not look as good in my opinion www.craftacularcreations.co.uk

As we are a fairly new store I know releasing a new design can affect SEO etc so i would rather do this now instead of when we are more established in the future (hopefully, the greetings cards market is quite slow at the moment until Christmas)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479
you have my email below, you can let me know if you need any more help.
CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

@suyash1 thank you for your help.

i have another post regarding yet another issue, I don't know if you would be able to help https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/text-field-added-via-custom-liquid-not-showing-at-che...