Solved

How to remove es.shopify.com from the footer

aaguas19
Visitor
1 0 0

Does anybody know how to remove that and make it look professional?

Accepted Solution (1)
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Sammysoso0606

Thanks for letting me know. 

Since you're using a Shopify-developed theme, our team may be able to help look into this further. 

To get in touch with us about this, please visit our Help Center via this link, log in to your account, and submit a support request with us there. That way, you can speak with our team in more detail over email, live chat, or through a callback to get more help with this. 

This information should resolve your query, so I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread to help benefit other Community users. 

We hope to hear from you via our Help Center soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @aaguas19

Rae from Shopify here. 

Which theme are you using on your site at the moment? You can find this information directly in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'

Depending on the theme you're using, you may be able to remove this phrasing by following these steps: 

1. Navigate to the 'Online store > Themes > Current theme' section of your Shopify admin 
  2. Beside your current theme, click 'Actions > Edit languages' 
  3. At the top of the page in the 'Search translations' bar, type in 'es.shopify.com'
  4. Hit 'Enter' on your keyboard
  5. If this phrase appears in any search results, you can remove it and replace it with either a blank space, or any other details you wish 
  6. Click 'Save' in the top right hand corner

However, if this phrase doesn't appear in the search results, then this text may be located elsewhere on your theme. If this is the case, let me know if you're using a Shopify-developed theme and I can help take a closer look. If you're using a third party theme instead though, it's best to reach out to your theme developer directly for more assistance. You can contact them by following these steps

Please keep me posted on if you're able to find this phrase by following the above steps, and if not, let me know which theme you're using so we can determine the best way to resolve this. 

Thanks! 

OsaMenor
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue. I tried searching for http://es.shopify.com which is the message in my footer and I couldn't find it via the search bar.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @OsaMenor

I appreciate you joining this thread. 

This setting may be found in a different location, depending on the theme you're using. With this in mind, can you please confirm which theme is active on your site currently? You can check this directly in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'

If you're using a Shopify-developed theme - like what's listed here under 'Free themes from Shopify' - please let me know and I'll be happy to assist further. 

However, if you're using a third-party theme instead, I recommend contacting your theme developers directly by following the steps listed in this help document under 'Paid themes'. Since these developers built and support your theme, they'll be the best people to help further. 

Please keep me posted on which theme you're using!

Sammysoso0606
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I am using the free Shopify theme debut and cannot find this term in my search results. Can you help?

Thank you,

Samantha

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Sammysoso0606

Thanks for letting me know. 

Since you're using a Shopify-developed theme, our team may be able to help look into this further. 

To get in touch with us about this, please visit our Help Center via this link, log in to your account, and submit a support request with us there. That way, you can speak with our team in more detail over email, live chat, or through a callback to get more help with this. 

This information should resolve your query, so I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread to help benefit other Community users. 

We hope to hear from you via our Help Center soon! 

Ferpeces1
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi all,

This solution does not work for the dawn theme.

goldersenergy
Visitor
2 0 0

This solution doesn't work, can you please help me also?

I use Narrative theme and there is no way to eliminate that: http://es.shopify.com from the footer.

Cannot find it in Themes/languages, and neither in the footer.liquid section .

goldersenergy
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem, I cannot do it either with the themes/idioms, and cannot find in the footer.liquid