Can you hide 'IN STOCK' numbers while tracking inventory on Shopify?

EarthandMoon
Visitor
2 0 1

Please help !

I have symmetry theme and can not remove the IN STOCK boxes from in front of my images without opting not to track my quantity / inventory ( which I want to do. ) 

Can I track quantity without it showing on the actual store front? I dont know why but it doesnt show up on items that have variants, and it tracks the quantity in the back end, but for individual items if I try and track quantity it shows up with the stock box on the store 😕 Screenshot_20210316-095823_Chrome.jpg

Replies 10 (10)

AdamSmith12
Shopify Partner
79 5 8

hello give me link of your store to check it !!

If helpful then please Like and ✔️ Accept Solution.
Do you need custom changes on store ? please send me a personal message and we can discuss.
Email: redaboubkraoui@gmail.com

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hey, @EarthandMoon!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! Because you're using Symmetry, a third-party paid theme, our ability to support theme edits or troubleshoot is limited. That being said, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

I took a look at the Theme Developer's guides and was able to locate a General theme settings guide that noted only three display options when hovering over product images: Sold out, Sale, and X left in stock. If you'd like to keep your inventory tracking on, whilst disabling the X left in stock, I recommend reaching out to Symmetry's Theme Developer, Clean Canvas, by submitting a request here. They can provide further insight as to whether such edits are something they can support. Alternatively, you can look into hiring an Expert to assist you with these changes.

For more information on where to find support for your theme and the Shopify Design Policy, please refer to our Support for themes guide. I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SarvMarketing
Shopify Partner
55 5 11

Hi @EarthandMoon ,

Welcome to the Shopify community!

You can disable the inventory count option by going to the Theme Settings section.

1. Go to Shopify Admin> Theme> Customize

2. Scroll down on the left-hand side and click on Theme Settings

3. Now Click on Products and you will find "Icons" options. Deselect the "Show inventory icon"

4. Click Save

You will find other options here, so play around!

Best,

Sarv

If helpful then please Like and Accept the Solution.

Best,
Sarv
EarthandMoon
Visitor
2 0 1

Sarv you're a genius !! Thank you so much you made my day !!!!

SarvMarketing
Shopify Partner
55 5 11

Don't forget to like and accept the solution 🙂 

Sarv

If helpful then please Like and Accept the Solution.

Best,
Sarv
gerlikask
Tourist
33 0 1

Hello, @SarvMarketing 

I use a Supply theme and went through all the THEME SETTINGS, however, didn't have the ICONs section or any other place where I could disable the in stock part.

Is there any other way to do it?

Thank you.

ElanaSadler
Tourist
3 0 9

I don't see where it says "PRODUCTS"! I'm not showing that option!

rmaapparel
Visitor
2 0 0

Same. Did you ever figure it out?

made4fans
Visitor
1 0 0

No "Icons" option visible anywhere. Dawn theme 2023. 

topdraweradult
Visitor
2 0 0

Looks like Shopify changed. Do you know an up to date way to do this. Products is not an option in theme settings.