Solved

How to set up Test Website for Shopify Live Website - For testing changes

paulson1
Excursionist
33 1 1

Hi,

I am setting up my Live Website.

I need to set up a Test site also, just to test the apps etc before we install on Live.

Could you please tell us what is the best option?

Do we need to pay for another subscription with Shopify and create a Test Site on that ORr is it something we can set up outside Shopify?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (3)

DigiDecoded
Shopify Partner
158 19 18

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @paulson1 ,

there are two ways to do it, one is by creating a Shopify partner account, where you are free to do anything with the store app, its like your development environment. you can create multiple stores and apps but you cnt make it live to the audience without paying or transferring to the main account.

and the second option Is to duplicate you theme every time before applying changes on the theme.

Danish | Full Stack Developer @ Esire.Inc
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Hire me for your next task! | Email | WhatsApp | Website

View solution in original post

paulson1
Excursionist
33 1 1

Thanks @DigiDecoded 

Is it free to create a Partner Account?

Is it like the normal Shopify Account - website will last only valid for 3 days unpublished) and after 3 days all the code and changes will be lost?

Will we be able to keep the website for long term to test the changes before we try on Live Website?

Thanks

DigiDecoded
Shopify Partner
158 19 18

yeah, it's a free account, The website will last forever if you don't delete it. it's just you can't make it live to users unless you pay them the transfer fee. basically this featured is used by freelancers or developer who worked on clients stores and at the end they moved the store to the shopify then earn commission from them. 

by going through this link you will find it more details about:
https://www.shopify.com/partners

Replies 4 (4)

DigiDecoded
Shopify Partner
158 19 18

Hey @paulson1 ,

there are two ways to do it, one is by creating a Shopify partner account, where you are free to do anything with the store app, its like your development environment. you can create multiple stores and apps but you cnt make it live to the audience without paying or transferring to the main account.

and the second option Is to duplicate you theme every time before applying changes on the theme.

paulson1
Excursionist
33 1 1

Thanks @DigiDecoded 

Is it free to create a Partner Account?

Is it like the normal Shopify Account - website will last only valid for 3 days unpublished) and after 3 days all the code and changes will be lost?

Will we be able to keep the website for long term to test the changes before we try on Live Website?

Thanks

DigiDecoded
Shopify Partner
158 19 18

yeah, it's a free account, The website will last forever if you don't delete it. it's just you can't make it live to users unless you pay them the transfer fee. basically this featured is used by freelancers or developer who worked on clients stores and at the end they moved the store to the shopify then earn commission from them. 

by going through this link you will find it more details about:
https://www.shopify.com/partners

paulson1
Excursionist
33 1 1

Thank you so much for your help, we will try it.