FROM CACHE - en_header

How to setup own website using HTML, css etc.

Solved
eyus
1 0 0

I want to make a Shopify website, just not with the built in template stuff, but with my own source code. How do I do that?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Skye
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 42 73

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @eyus.

Welcome to the Shopify Community and thank you for posting! If you are looking to build your own site on Shopify from scratch, then this would be considered developing a custom theme. However, to be able to develop themes, and even apps, you'll need to have a Shopify Partner account. 

Partner accounts are completely free, and allow for unlimited test stores. They also provide ongoing monthly income for every client you refer, theme you design, or app you build. You also get early access to new features!

Once you are all signed up, you can use the guide linked above to build out your first Shopify theme. Have you used Shopify themes before? If not, I recommend creating a test store using one of our free themes to get an idea of how Shopify's theme and code differs from other platforms. 

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Skye
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 42 73

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @eyus.

Welcome to the Shopify Community and thank you for posting! If you are looking to build your own site on Shopify from scratch, then this would be considered developing a custom theme. However, to be able to develop themes, and even apps, you'll need to have a Shopify Partner account. 

Partner accounts are completely free, and allow for unlimited test stores. They also provide ongoing monthly income for every client you refer, theme you design, or app you build. You also get early access to new features!

Once you are all signed up, you can use the guide linked above to build out your first Shopify theme. Have you used Shopify themes before? If not, I recommend creating a test store using one of our free themes to get an idea of how Shopify's theme and code differs from other platforms. 

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog