FROM CACHE - en_header

How to sort a product from newest to oldest

ninageisha
4 0 0

Hi,

So I transferred all my data from My Big Cartel to Shopify recently.  The sorting option on collections "Sort New to Old"  does the exact opposite.  All of my old product is displayed first.  When I choose "Sort Old to New" it does the opposite as well and all my new product is displayed first.  I need help with this, I don't want my customers choosing this sort option and having my product displayed incorrectly.

Can anyone help?

Replies 3 (3)
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 213

Hi, @ninageisha

My name is Tira and I work at Shopify. 

Just to confirm, are you trying to sort your collections list, or sort the products within your collections? Are you doing this from the storefront?

If it's from the storefront, what theme are you using? Some themes may sort and filter products differently than others. If you could let me know which one you're using, I can dig into this further for you.

If you're trying to sort your products within a collection from your admin, you can go into Products > Collections and click on the Collection that you wish to edit. In the Products section, you can click on "Sort" and sort by highest/lowest price, best selling, manually and more. You can view all the sort options in our help doc: Collection layout and appearance. After making your changes, make sure to save them by clicking on the "Save" button as well! This will publish your ideal sorting order to your store for customers to view.

Let me know if that helps and welcome to Shopify!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ninageisha
4 0 0
Hi Tira!

Thanks for getting back to me. I was playing around and sorting from the
store front as well as the back end. The theme I'm using is Broadcast.

See below, I changed it and it says 'Date Old to New' but this is the only
way I can show my NEW products. When I select this it doesn't filter Old
to New but the opposite. This happens when I sort from the store end as
well as the back end. Can you help with this?

[image: Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 8.28.51 PM.png]
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 213

Thank you for the additional information, @ninageisha!

Broadcast is a third-party developed theme. For third-party themes, you can reach out to the developer directly for questions on how to adjust the appearance of collections on your store, and for any other questions about the theme. The developer of the theme is Invisible Themes, and you can contact them by email at: help@invisiblethemes.com. You can also go to Broadcast's page on our Theme Store, and click on the "Support" button to send them a message. 

I tried to view your image, but I can only see a line of text. How did you attach the image? If you could reply again to this post, and click on the "Photos" button in the rich text editor, you can add your image again!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog