I cant change or modify "start" theme

shelbytams
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, i have 2 pages/stores on my login. both with the starter plan. 

i noticed the other day that one of them only has 1 page when you go to the site and 20 other items are not showing because of this. 

i also noticed that i am unable to modify or change the theme settings in 1 of them, but i can in the other.

when i go to the theme settings page, i see "view" and "manage branding" for the "start" theme.. (when looking for this theme, i cannot find it in the store)

I also cannot update or change it to a different theme. 

on the other store, also on the starter plan, the theme is "spotlight" and i am able to "view" and "customize" that theme. 

both themes are the "default" when creating a store, i've never changed them.

is there a way to reset the themes on the starter plan? i dont have a theme "library" that i've seen suggested in other posts, even after trying to change the theme. I'm not sure what the issue is.. 

May i add, that i think it's possible the "start" theme is a 1.0 old shopify theme? i cannot find it on the store, or able to update it from 1.2.1. 

but again, it will not load a new theme when adding it from the store.

thanks in advance.

Replies 2 (2)

shelbytams
Visitor
2 0 0

May i add, that i think it's possible the "start" theme is a 1.0 old spotify theme? i cannot find it on the store, or able to update it from 1.2.1. 

but again, it will not load a new theme when adding it from the store.

TheLuxeSOM
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m new and having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?