Solved

I need help with a dark slideshow in retina theme

behawkco
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello..

This is my store www.littlepaal.com

I have the problem with the slideshow, in the web site you can see the same repeated banner but the first one is "Image with text overlay" and the second one is "slideshow"  

I don't understand why the slideshow image is darker, i need the slideshow section, both sections have 0% overlay opacity and they are the same image but one looks darker.. only in the desktop version you can see the difference, in mobile they both look the same

Pls I need help

Accepted Solution (1)
diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@behawkco 

You're correct, my apologies. 

1. In your Shopify Admin go to: online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. Find Asset > theme.scss.liquid or theme.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.slideshow-slide__image-wrapper [data-rimg-canvas]{
    display: none !important;
}

Please let me know whether it works.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@behawkco 

can you please show me slideshow at home so i will check and guide you/

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
behawkco
Tourist
7 0 2

@KetanKumar 

Hello, if you enter my website www.littlepaal.com you will see 2 banners, the first is a simple image, and the second banner is a slideshow, you will see that the slideshow is darker despite not having any overlay activated

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@behawkco 

This is an issue with the image itself, not the code. The image's background is #f7f7f7, your website's background is #ffffff.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!

behawkco
Tourist
7 0 2

@diego_ezfy 

I saved the image for the web with photoshop. It has no color profile.

I have uploaded the same image in 2 different sections, 1 in image with text and 1 in slideshow and only when I upload it in the slideshow does it get dark ...

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@behawkco 

I checked the image on Photoshop and it has a different background color than your website. I double checked and there is no code being applied to change the color.

Kind regards,
Diego

behawkco
Tourist
7 0 2

@diego_ezfy 

look, what I'm saying is true I have now placed 2 sections  on the top of home page, both with pure white background RGBs #FFFFFF exported in photoshop for the web eliminating color profile and look ... the only difference is that an image is placed with a "slideshow" and the other I put it as "image with text overlay" and this is my problem, the slideshow always darkens despite having deactivated the overlay with 0% opacity

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@behawkco 

You're correct, my apologies. 

1. In your Shopify Admin go to: online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. Find Asset > theme.scss.liquid or theme.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.slideshow-slide__image-wrapper [data-rimg-canvas]{
    display: none !important;
}

Please let me know whether it works.

Kind regards,
Diego

behawkco
Tourist
7 0 2

@diego_ezfy 

Thank you very much! I was going crazy with this!