Image Banner Link gone Dawn Theme

davidsamra
Tourist
6 0 2

I used to be able to link my main image banner on Dawn to a product or collection using the Banner Link section under Image Banner in the customize section. Now it's totally gone with the latest update. Does anyone know if this is a glitch and is going to be fixed? Or was this removed on purpose?  I know it can be done with code but this was just such an easy / simple way to link the banner.  The banner link section used to be in between the image overlay opacty setting and the Banner height setting.  Apparently I can't add png or jpg files so I can't show the screenshot.

Is this handled another way that I'm just not seeing? (Again, besides messing with the code).  Thanks.

Replies 2 (2)

Danishshopdev
Shopify Partner
163 17 20

hey @davidsamra ,

with updates sometimes they override some features, and custom codes that you have added to the theme. so chances are that the code is removed. 

if you still want to add it then you will have to paste a custom code to make it happen

Danish | Full Stack Developer @ Esire.Inc
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Hire me for your next task! | Email | WhatsApp| Website
davidsamra
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks. Yeah that's a bummer; I'll never understand why companies do that when it now just makes it harder for the customer/client.