Solved

Images are cut off on Mobile View: Too many selection dots

BearEssentials
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

My images in Brooklyn theme are cut off when viewing on Mobile because of the selection dots.

I’ve tried removing a number of images but the issue is pretty constant. Is there any way to change this? 

My store is: https://the-bear-essentials-outdoors-co.myshopify.com

Please see the picture below:

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 10.15.30 AM.png

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)
Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @BearEssentials 

Your theme is old version compare to the newest version and they updated this issue in the new theme but as you have old theme you can add below code on your theme.liquid template just after <head>.

<style>
.template-product ul.slick-dots {
	position: relative;
}
</style>

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

Hi,

See the below picture and change the '300x300' to 'x300'.

This will force all the image to use the same height and no image will cut.

Let me know if that works for you.

Screenshot_33.png

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
BearEssentials
Tourist
5 0 1

I can’t seem to find the Media.Liquid file in the Brooklyn Theme?

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.12.46 PM.png

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

Hi
You can find media.liquid under 'Snippets'.

BearEssentials
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for your help!

However, under SNIPPETS there isn’t exactly a media.liquid file. Closest thing I can find to the screen you showed me is the “product-grid-item.liquid”. 

under here I changed the SRC (150x150x) to x150 and x300 as a test but nothing changed. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.44.29 PM.png

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

Okay, I got it.

In your case it is image-style.liquid.

Select that template and find 'product-single__photo-wrapper' class and change '300x300' to 'x300'.

BearEssentials
Tourist
5 0 1

Gotcha,

The exact line isn’t there, here’s what my screen looks like to edit.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.54.50 PM.png

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

Hey @BearEssentials 

This seems not working this way.
If you don't mind can you share the theme zip so I can check it on my test store.

Use this link https://wetransfer.com/ to transfer safely and sent it to reverseweb.corp@gmail.com.

BearEssentials
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you! Just transferred!

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @BearEssentials 

Your theme is old version compare to the newest version and they updated this issue in the new theme but as you have old theme you can add below code on your theme.liquid template just after <head>.

<style>
.template-product ul.slick-dots {
	position: relative;
}
</style>