What does lazy loading images mean for Shopify store speed?

ThaHostDonG
Excursionist
27 0 5

These images are contributing to initial page load, but can probably be lazy loaded instead. can someone explain to me what this means exactly?

Replies 4 (4)

Hardik29418
Shopify Partner
2859 407 1073

Hello, @ThaHostDonG 

Welcome to the Shopify Community.
I read your problem and it seems that I need to analyze your website to provide the solution here.
Would you please share your website URL and if your website is password protected then also provide the password.

- Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp or EMAIL ME!

- Your Coffee Tip would do Magic code ❤️
- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Email
ThaHostDonG
Excursionist
27 0 5

618lafamilia.com

ThaHostDonG
Excursionist
27 0 5

how would i check if its password protected?

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @ThaHostDonG 

Lazy loading means deferring off-screen/below-the-fold images from loading until they come into a user's view.

The benefit of this is that your images are now only being loaded as they're needed. You don't need to load all your images upfront during your website's initial load. This can really help improve site performance, especially if you have an image-heavy website.

We have a more in-depth article on the topic that can help walk you through how to implement lazy loading on your own: How to Lazy Load Images on Shopify to Make Your Site Faster.

If you need any additional help, feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact. Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)