Inventory quantity display help requited, again.

OrionLee
20 0 0

I've asked this before, and the solution I am using isn't working.

Here's the problem.

We often sell items which we don't have physically available, we don't stock our whole catalogue, some times we have to order these items in specifically when someone makes that order on our shop. 

The inventory can be at 0 or below, and we have 'continue selling when out of stock' ticked.  If we use this method it still shows 'in stock' for the product on the page, so customers expect it to be sent out right away.  

At the moment we have the following message, in green on our shop, this works for items with the 'continue selling' box unticked.

OrionLee_0-1685965829972.png

If we set it to 'continue selling' and the quantity to -1 it's not really accurate about our stock, see below. I am not sure the best way to handle this. Any tips or pointers would be great.  I want to keep customer expectations where they need to be.

OrionLee_1-1685965936065.png

Reply 1 (1)

NomtechSolution
Astronaut
1245 113 147
  1. Clearly communicate availability: Make sure to clearly indicate on your product pages that the items are not currently in stock and may require ordering. This can be done by adding a message or disclaimer near the "Add to Cart" button or within the product description. You can inform customers about the estimated time it will take to fulfill the order and set their expectations accordingly.

2. Provide estimated shipping times: When customers add items to their cart or proceed to checkout, display an estimated shipping time or delivery date based on the availability of the product. This can help manage their expectations and give them an idea of when they can expect to receive the item.