Ira Theme - Autoplay a Video

Montamont
1 0 0

Hi there, i hope someone can help me.
I don't know exactly where and how to change the code that my videos starts autoplaying.
At the Moment they have a Playbutton. But i want all of them autoplaying on my start page and Product page.

I would be very conceivable if someone can help me.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-20 um 17.07.20.png

Reply 1 (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff
423 67 84

Hi, @Montamont.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some further insight into this. Autoplay on videos is not something that we recommend in shops, I would be happy to give you some further background into why this may not be a great choice. Starting in April 2018 one of the most popular browsers, Google Chrome, by default disabled autoplay on videos that have sound. There is an article here, that explains the change in more detail if you wanted to check it out.

Even without that change, it's not reasonable to expect that the autoplay will work on all devices and browsers. As this article from a Shopify Expert explains, there are a lot of ways for people to disable autoplay in their devices/browsers. Autoplay videos can also have a negative impact on the accessibility of your shop, as this can cause discomfort, or even pain, for some users who are sensitive to movement or sound. By ensuring that the customer has control over the video playback, a site is more accessible to a wider audience.

If you wish to still go ahead with an autoplay option on your shop, perhaps one of our friendly community members can walk you through some coding assistance. Alternatively, you may be able to get some support from a Shopify Expert directly. 

I hope this information helps you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog