Is it Possible to display a sub collection on another collection page as a link in the venture theme

BenDonnelly
Excursionist
12 0 7

I am new to Shopify and just navigating my way through how it works. I have set up my collections so that their is a top level collection and then a series of other collections that fall below that. What I cant work out is how I can display these collections that are sub collections in the navigation as a link on the top collection page instead of just products that fall within that main collection. I hope you can understand my question.

For example my main collection is AFL Trading cards - then off this are a series of collections like 2020 AFL Footy Stars etc. I want the main collection AFL Trading Cards to display all the individual collections underneath it and not all the products. I know this appears in the navigation menu but I want it to appear on page as links. Is collections the way to do this or do I need to use pages. Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Ben

Replies 12 (12)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@BenDonnelly 

yes please try this 

https://shopify.dev/themes/architecture/templates/list-collections

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

BenDonnelly
Excursionist
12 0 7

Thanks for that. Have little idea about working with shopify templates. What is the process for using this template on the site. Explain for a newbie please if you can.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@BenDonnelly 

you have create new page and template then assign this new template for new page

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
BenDonnelly
Excursionist
12 0 7

Still have an issue with this as can only see two theme template options to choose from when I create new page. Is this because I am only on free trial at this stage or am I doing some thing wrong. Any help would be greatle appreciated.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@BenDonnelly 

yes please purchase shopify plan and try 

BenDonnelly
Excursionist
12 0 7

I have solved how to do this. I have a further question is it possible in the venture theme to create pages that are the same as home page. ie what is the template for home page that I can replicate as a option for creation of pages ? or how do I go about adding the option to add sections to a new template In created.

Thanks

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@BenDonnelly 

yes its possible please check shopify 2.0 store guide line 

https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/shopify-online-store

BenDonnelly
Excursionist
12 0 7

Still having issues creating multiple different pages displaying collection lists that are sub collections in the venture theme. I read somewhere you can do this with the page.list-collections-menu. template. Cannot find this in this theme. Can I apply this to this theme or is there another method to do so. Need some clear help with this if anyone can provide. Thanks

BenDonnelly
Excursionist
12 0 7

Trying to use the following tutorial to make this happen but keeps coming up with error when pasting code. Does this work for venture theme ?

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/collection-feature-a-subset-of-collections-on-a-page/...

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@BenDonnelly 

its work but make sure your theme code 

BenDonnelly
Excursionist
12 0 7

sorted thanks

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@BenDonnelly 

thanks for update