Is it possible to edit theme code after purchase a paid theme?

flowbow
1 0 0

Hi,

we already browsed through the theme store and found one theme that fits most of our needs. But we want to make some slight changes that cannot be be handled throught the editor and need to be done in the code. At the moment the Theme is still in demo mode and we cannot access the code of the theme. 

If we purchase a licence for the paid theme, will we be able to change the code of the theme like any other theme we are working on?

Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Replies 3 (3)
hawkscode
Shopify Partner
62 12 10

Hi @flowbow 

Yes  you can update changes your requirement according ... 

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution

if you Want to Modify / Customize your theme , Feel free to contact me

Email : vikash.hawkscode@gmail.com

www.hawkscode.com

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9826 2237 3078

@flowbow 

Yes  you can update your code and customize your code.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
Nick
Community Moderator
4258 422 886

Hi @flowbow,

Great question! It is definitley possible to edit the theme code after purchasing one. You own the theme once you've purchased it and are free to do as you like with it! 

You can do this by taking the following steps:

Store Admin > Online Store > Themes > Action > Edit code

23-59-17684-64705

The theme templates are the suggested structure but if you want to customise anything via code, this is where you would go to do it. 

If you don't feel comfortable editing any code yourself for customisations, don't hesitate to reach out to a Shopify Expert if it's a third party paid theme or the theme support team at Shopify if it's a free Shopify developed theme. 

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog