Is it secure to get Shopify Premium themes from 3rd party

SophiaMiller
Tourist
7 0 0

Is it secure to use Shopify Premium themes after buying it from 3rd party on low price? Like people offers bundle of 300+ themes in just few dollars. Thanks

Replies 2 (2)
Hamzaa
Excursionist
15 3 3

Hi Sophia,

Yes, it is secure to buy the Shopify premium theme from a 3rd-party source and you can use any cracked theme in your store. But these themes do not come with a license so when you will try to update the theme then you will definitely have to buy the theme again from the Shopify theme store. Also, these themes may not work after the new update of Shopify because of their older versions. It's better to buy the theme from their official store to get the new update of themes and also the support of theme developers. I hope it will help you. Thank You.

If you need assistance in speed optimization, contact me on shopifyspeedexperts@gmail.com
Shay
Shopify Staff
520 86 100

Hi @SophiaMiller 

This is a great question and I want to add onto what @Hamzaa shared with you here. 

A few things to consider - If these are themes that are normally sold through our Shopify Theme Store and are used without a legitimate license (purchased through the Shopify theme store) then there is a high chance that your store will be closed by our trust and safety team and you will need to either pay for the full license to the theme or change your theme file to one that does not have a license. 

This doesn't mean that you can't buy a theme from a third party theme vendor outside of the Shopify Theme Store. We have a lot of partners that develop from outside our theme store and are completely legitimate. If you are unsure if the theme you are looking at is an unlicensed version of a theme please don't hesitate to reach out to our live support to help you investigate and find a theme that works for you. 

You can also share the themes you are looking into here and I'd be happy to let you know if these are unlicensed versions of our licensed themes. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog