Is Minimal Theme not available?

foilovemty
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, I´m looking for the Minimal theme but can´t find it. Does anyone know if it has it been discontinued?
I´m looking for a free theme where I can have a menu for different collections. Thank you in advance!

Replies 3 (3)

GemPages
Shopify Partner
5588 1261 1209

Hello @foilovemty 

In regards to the themes you mentioned (Minimal, Debut, Boundless, Narrative, etc) these themes have been officially retired and replaced with our newest and much more robust theme files.

The new themes all support new 2.0 theme framework which allows for much more advanced theme editing functionality, something that wouldn't be able to include in The older themes. I

You can learn more about the new 2.0 free themes in Help Center: Themes by Shopify · Shopify. Help Center 

I hope the above is useful to you.
Best regards,
GemPages Support Team.

GemPages - Build any high-converting store pages for any business

- If you find my reply helpful, please hit Like and Mark as Solution
- Get connected: App Store | Blog | Community | Help Center
loudnoises
Tourist
17 0 3

Why would it one of the most popular themes be retired? I still see users able to use it. Is there a way to bring it back? If not, what other theme compares?

BlueOwl
Visitor
1 0 0

Exactly. I used that theme on a client and she loves it. However, it's been three years now and I need to update her site but she still wants a free theme. I am trying to see which theme is closest to the Minimal. Makes no sense they discontinued it. They could have simply updated the theme.