Is there a list of stores that use the Dawn theme available somewhere?

GreganDunn
3 0 0

I'm designing my store and I would like to review what everyone else is doing with the Dawn theme to get a sense for what cool things can be done with it.

Is there a list of the stores that use the Dawn theme somewhere?

Replies 3 (3)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
213 27 55

Hi, @GreganDunn!

We don't have a Shopify-specific list of stores that use the Dawn theme, although you may be interested in going through our Shopify blog here and our Shopify Help Centre here where we unpack Dawn's features in full. We also have our two examples of the Dawn theme, which you can find here for the craft version and here for its default version.

As you mentioned that you're currently designing your store, I thought I'd highlight our Shopify Learn course on store design that you can also take a look at. This course will guide you through some principles of designing an ecommerce store, as well as helping you build your store's homepage and product pages.

What products are you planning to sell on your store?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GreganDunn
3 0 0

Thank you for your reply Kimi, I'll have a look at the references you've provided and learn some more.

Appreciate the link to the two versions of Dawn, however they are both VERY similar. I was hoping that Dawn had a bit more flexibility "out of the box" on customization (rounded buttons, translucent text overlays/menu are the two first things that come to mind).

I will be selling a new cardboard cat condo that I'm working on. 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
213 27 55

Sounds good, @GreganDunn!

Totally understand where you're coming from in searching for a theme that includes those features you mentioned. When it comes to Dawn, the greatest difference and upgrade that we focused on for this theme in comparison to our other Shopify vintage themes is the ability to add and re-arrange sections and blocks on your online store pages. This wasn't a feature that was made available to any Shopify themes previously, so Dawn enables users to create unique page layouts without the need for code. For features that the theme doesn't have available to be changed, whether it be functional or aesthetic ones, users can edit their theme code to further customise their store. If you're uncomfortable with coding, you can also look into installing an app from our Shopify App store, or hiring one of our Shopify Experts to help you code a specific customisation onto your store's theme.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog