is there a way for a customer to create a Draft Order ....

JimHuertas1
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello,

I would like to have my customers have the ability to either "checkout" or "Get Quote" on the items they select and put in the cart. When the select the "Get Quote" button, it should create a draft order and then email a list of items in the order, a sub-total, shipping costs, and final total of the "Quote". The email should have a link to the cart where they (or their accounting dept) can follow to make the purchase and finalize the order placed.

I'd like the draft to be available for 30 days, after which time, the system deletes the order.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @JimHuertas1 

There is an app called Request a quote with Quotify that I think will suit your needs. This app is going to allow you to get notified when a customer wants a quote for one of your items so you can reply and finalize a price. From their app dashboard, you can see all the products and quantities for which a customer has requested a quote. Then in one click, turn that quote into a Shopify order.

Feel free to check out the app demo to see it in action here. They offer a 7-day free trial and then the app costs $9.95/month if you decide to continue with them.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JimHuertas1
Tourist
4 0 0
Thanks. I looked at them. And maybe the word Quote is wrong. Wishlist is
not appropriate for my industry. Really what I'm after is a way where a
customer can put together a list of what they want to buy from my store..at
the posted prices..with shipping costs included...so they can get it
approved by the higher ups and then buy my products.

I Feel a simple code change to make a draft order and send an email is
sufficient.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.
dcb137
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Jim - were you able to find a solution?  Looking for something very similar...