Why do I need to click twice on mobile footer links?

coco44
Excursionist
58 1 7

Hi,

Something very strange is happening with my website and only with my real iphone.

After I load my website 2 or 3 times I am not able to click the first time on the footer links. But I need to click 2 times. And it is the same for all my buttons.

See the issue here, nothing is happening when I click on "our story": https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/4795303?key=fa22d0f745f1918d6703e45920bedd2d

Any idea the issue?

Best,

Corto

Replies 5 (5)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @coco44.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included a video as that is super helpful! I went ahead and attempted the same navigation using my own mobile device to see if I can replicate the issue. It looks like the links on your online store are functioning properly and I did not notice any coding errors.

Since you are experiencing this on your mobile device, I would suggest that you try clearing the cache on your current browser. If the error persists, you can then try this action on another browser - as for example if you are using Safari on your iPhone try to see if this happens using Google Chrome.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

coco44
Excursionist
58 1 7

Hi @Ollie,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

1- I was using Safari so I cleared the cache and restart my phone.

2- I also downloaded Chrome for the first time.

3- But the issue is still there. How I got there: load the website in incognito then click "our story" (working). Close and load again the website and click "our story" (working). But then after the 3rd or 4th time, the link does not work any more the first time. Below I always click to 'our story". 

See here with Chrome: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/4798108?key=a13d9064ab5fae57326a2408b91d68ea

Any idea? Can you please try as explained and let me know if you see the issue.

Best,

Corto

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @coco44.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I appreciate that you have attempted the troubleshooting and provided a second video. Definitely a bit of a odd issue that the footer link to "Our Store" is causing the page to not load when it is selected. I am unable to recreate the issue on my side when navigating to your website using my mobile device, it seems that the link is responding when it is selected.

Have you had any customers reach out to you about the footer menu? Since this error may be only happening to your mobile device, I would suggest checking that the iPhone device you are using is up to date. If you can confirm that the device is updated, you can reach out to a Support Advisor by logging into your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to verify you as the store owner and speak to a Support Advisor. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

coco44
Excursionist
58 1 7

Hello @Ollie,

Unfortunately I have a brand new iphone 12 and I tried with an Iphone 7 too. Not working.

It seems the issue is not only for the footer links.

See here, I also have an issue with my first button, I can not click on it the first time: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/4811647?key=7a5ef032a626dbfae7791438ac1c6539

Can you try a last time. The first time you will open an incognito it will work but then if you close your tab, re-open a new one and do the same 5 or 6 times, the issue will start...

Thank you so much,

Corto

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @coco44.

I appreciate the follow up response.

Definitely an odd situation to be experiencing and I am not able to replicate the issue on my side. Since we cannot securely authenticate over our public forums, I would suggest reaching out to an Advisor by logging into your store through our Contact Us page. This will allow the Advisor to take a closer look into the coding of the theme to see if there may be something causing the iPhone to not select links.