landing page help

pals
Tourist
11 0 2

@fedsmf id either try searching google for the code snippet to align center and add that or adjust the image and add white space on either side to get it in the middle? not an expert but those would be my suggestions

0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
262 10 59

It is hard to help you without seeing the code but try to put this CSS code to your image

.image {
  display: block;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
  width: 50%;
}

I do not work with Shopify. I am not looking to be hired or being paid. Just wanted to help.
0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
262 10 59

Hi, 

The reason it was showing the html warning is because the shopify sees it as a broken code since they do not allow a section to have another section. It is called nested section. That is a way around to create a nested section in shopify.

The code merely replaces the current section. That is why when you click SAVE, the html warning should be gone

I do not work with Shopify. I am not looking to be hired or being paid. Just wanted to help.
0 Likes
pals
Tourist
11 0 2

@made4Uo still not working. i re did all of the steps on a new theme copy but i am still getting the same result. here is what happens:

0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
262 10 59

I cannot re-create the error. You should be able to see the featured collection when you save and go back to custom-section. Just like the picture below

made4Uo_0-1627869909463.png

If you just want a the featured section in your home page.  You can paste this code to the alternate home page.liquid

<div class="page-width">
<div class="grid">
<div class="grid__item medium-up--five-sixths medium-up--push-one-twelfth">
<div class="rte">
{{ page.content }}
{% section 'collection' %}
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

0 Likes
fedsmf
11 0 0

under the section "

clickableimage.liquid  ? 

I followed the tutorial linked earlier in this thread for the image

0 Likes
fedsmf
11 0 0

site is https://seraph.pw/

password is fedsxo

0 Likes
pals
Tourist
11 0 2

@made4Uo was able to fix by editing your snippet from section 'collection' to section 'featured-collections'. seems to me it was just a matching title error. thank you for your help!

0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
262 10 59

Hi,

@fedsmf I added an option for position. Please check the tutorial and replace your old code. Hope it helps. 

https://made4uo.com/blogs/journey-to-awesome-shopify-website/add-a-customizable-clickable-image-sect...

0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
262 10 59

Hi @pals,

I wonder which part of the code the error occurred. Is this where you replace the code to featured-collection? 

made4Uo_0-1627921303720.png

0 Likes