Solved

Why isn't my language switcher in the header functioning?

frankher
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello everyone,
The language switcher in the header that worked before is not working now for some reason I don't know.
The language switcher in the footer works. If you have any suggestions for solutions, I can take them. Thanks in advance.

Adsız2.jpeg

Adsız1.jpeg

  

Accepted Solution (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @frankher!

When you say that the one from the header is not working, could you tell me a little bit more about what happens when you try to click on it, does it not respond at all?
Also, how did you set this selector up, and what is the name of the theme that you're using? If you're using one of our free Shopify themes, my team may be able to look into this for you - but do note that there may be limitations with that if the selector was custom coded.

In the case that it was custom coded or you're not using one of our free themes, you may either have to check this issue with the developer of your theme or with a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are people who work externally to Shopify and charge their rates based on the work that they do. They would be able to look into the code with an issue like this.

Lastly, how did you notice it stopped working, did you make some change just before you noticed this, or was it that one day it was not responding? Any further context here would be helpful. Let me know, and if you're comfortable, please share the link to your store with me here so I can have a look at the selector for myself.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach back out to me here.

Thanks! -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @frankher!

When you say that the one from the header is not working, could you tell me a little bit more about what happens when you try to click on it, does it not respond at all?
Also, how did you set this selector up, and what is the name of the theme that you're using? If you're using one of our free Shopify themes, my team may be able to look into this for you - but do note that there may be limitations with that if the selector was custom coded.

In the case that it was custom coded or you're not using one of our free themes, you may either have to check this issue with the developer of your theme or with a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are people who work externally to Shopify and charge their rates based on the work that they do. They would be able to look into the code with an issue like this.

Lastly, how did you notice it stopped working, did you make some change just before you noticed this, or was it that one day it was not responding? Any further context here would be helpful. Let me know, and if you're comfortable, please share the link to your store with me here so I can have a look at the selector for myself.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach back out to me here.

Thanks! -Lana 

frankher
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi @Lana ,

I am using the Debut theme. I was able to use the language selector feature before, but now I can't without making any changes. I am using the Translation Lab application. I use 3 kinds of languages. I am able to use the language selector feature in the footer. I added the language feature in the header with the app. But now it's not working. Thanks.

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

I see!

Because there is already a built in selector in the footer of the Debut theme, the app might be colliding with it which is causing this issue.
I had a look at the app's listing and I found that they can be contacted via their email hello@sherpas.design or by accessing their developer website.

Since it is a third party app we are unable to directly assist you with it, but please do contact the developers as I mentioned because they know their own app best and will be able to have a look and see why this occurred.

jmp
Excursionist
23 2 49

If it helps in any way, I just encountered a problem where the language selector always reverted back to one language no matter what I pressed, and what fixed it for me was to turn off Browser Detection in the Translation Labs app. I'm using the Empire Theme (OS 2.0). I never did this with my previous theme, Simple Theme.