Can I disable 'Add to Cart' for select products on my website?

Catlee
Visitor
1 0 8

Hello Good People,

I have several books live on Amazon, listed through KDP (Kindle Print on Demand). I was hoping there was a way I could post my books on Shopify, and when a purchase is made, it would still go through Amazon/prompt Amazon to print and ship the book. Basically, I want to advertise my books on my website, but I also still want Amazon to automatically get the order and print and ship.  This doesn't seem possible, correct? 

So if the aforementioned is not possible, I still want to advertise my book on Shopify, and I can just paste a link to Amazon where they can purchase it. Easy enough. I just say, "Sorry I'm sold out, but you can still purchase the book on Amazon" and then give them the Amazon link to follow. Easy enough. 

The problem is, how do I prevent people from mistakenly "Adding to Cart"? and trying to check out with me on the website? Is there a way to disable the Add to Cart button on select products so they can't mistakenly check out on my website instead of following the Amazon Link? 

Thanks so much!

Replies 20 (20)

arieldaun
Tourist
3 0 3

Following. I would like to know what the best options are. 

terragaya
Visitor
1 0 0

Also following! 

jomschmidt
Visitor
2 0 1

Has anyone figured this out?  I am interested in doing the same thing.

Michelle_Mac
Tourist
3 0 1

Yes! I am interested in this answer too. I sell my artwork/prints on Shopify but would also like to link my children’s books into my shop and sell them via Amazon. 

Eric76
Tourist
7 0 2

Lol yep me too!  Come one Shopify let's get an answer to this 🙂

MindfulKoala
Visitor
2 0 0

Following.

poeticblackgurl
Visitor
1 0 1

COME ON SHOPIFY. Answer pls. 

huggies44
Visitor
1 0 0

following

MallyThorne
Visitor
1 0 1

Following. I really don't want to have to send my customers to another site for my KDP books when I have most of my products on Shopify. 😞

pinkolivecreate
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to know as well. Switched from a woo commerce site where I could easily add products and link to it on Amazon and the buy button would say “buy on amazon”

super bummed I can’t do that on Shopify. 

Hope1513
Visitor
1 0 6

I installed BNB APP: Amazon Buy Now Button to link to my kdp books and you can customize the colour and size of the buttonScreen Shot 2022-05-29 at 11.16.21 AM.png

arieldaun
Tourist
3 0 3

Thank you!

MysticalAuroma
Visitor
2 0 0

Can't believe there's no direct answer to this yet 😞

LamJasmine
Visitor
1 0 7

I just installed the Spreadr App and it does exactly that: import your KDP listings and check out on Amazon. You need to register for an amazon affiliate account and put your affiliate ID into the app. Then you can cut and paste ANY amazon product into the app and it'll import that product to Shopify. You'll need to put a line of code in your product.liquid file to create a "view on amazon" button on your product page, but I didn't know know to do that so customer support did that integration for me FREE OF CHARGE. (And their customer support is lightning fast.) They can also take out the "add to cart" button so customers don't accidentally buy that on Shopify. Now I can import all my KDP books to my Shopify store.🙂

ridl
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, quick question - even if the sale happens "on amazon", is it possible to track sales and in particular performance of offsite advertising? The use case is: a google ad redirecting to my shopify, the user clicks on it then buys through Spreadr - will I see the sale on the google ads platform?

Thanks and best

--

EDIT: oh I saw that it's not "buy on amazon" but Visit on Amazon... probably a big bump on the conversion rate - and that doesn't solve for my attribution/measurement problem unfortunately

UC_NEW
Visitor
1 0 1

I was about to give up until I read this. ILYSM

MysticalAuroma
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you! but this app is paid 😞

WellnessMama
Visitor
1 0 0

Lulu self publishing allows for this, I just saw a video on YouTube about it. They also spoke about KDP but they did not mention if self  selling was permitted with KDP as it is with Lulu. 

1Dawn
Visitor
1 0 4

Wow... About 1.5 years later and still no direct answer to your question?

kemsyl
Visitor
1 0 2

yes and I just found that out!

Install Libautech: Amazon buy button, choose the free plan, when you add the ASIN of the product, check the box that says disable other buy buttons. watch their video, its super duper easy!