There is a bug that I want to fix on my store but I couldn't find a solution. This only occurs on iphone. When the homepage is loaded from typing the shop's url in the address bar in a browser, users only need to click once on the links of the images on the collection lists to proceed to the links. However, when users are returning to the homepage by clicking the logo header (i.e. the store’s logo) from a product page for example, the users need to click twice to proceed to the links. Any ideas how to fix this bug? My site is https://alterniummailers.com/
I tested on iPhone - in both Safari and Chrome apps - and could not recreate. A single click on the logo from a product page redirected me to the home page.
Does this issue still persist for you? If so, does it occur on any specific product page(s)?
@Robert_Kanaan Thank you so much for your response. The problem still persists, now only on Google Chrome browsers on iphones. The bug is when we return to the homepage by clicking on the store's logo from a product page or from any other pages, we need to click on the images of the COLLECTION LISTS and the FEATURED COLLECTIONS twice to proceed to the links. Sorry that I didn't make it very clear in the original post.
The steps are:
1. Open the site with a Chrome browser on iphone: https://alterniummailers.com/
2. Click on any collection list (Bubble Mailers, Wrap Pouches, Poly Mailers, or Packing List Envelopes). They will direct users to a product page
3. From the product page, click the store's logo to return to the homepage
4. On the homepage, carefully scroll down without tapping or clicking anything, click on any collection list again (here is the bug: I need to click on the images twice to proceed)
The same goes for the images and texts for the featured collections (the section below the collection list)
I was able to reproduce the issue. I can confirm the following:
- Issue presents itself in chrome for iOS
- I've only found it to occur on the home page
- After landing on the homepage, immediately clicking on a link will not cause the issue. You need to wait a 2-3 seconds after the page has loaded.
- Issue exists for any link, including footer links
I'm not entirely sure what's causing it, but I did notice that the homepage seems to be the only page with an iframe pointing to pay.google.com, which is being inserted post home page render. I would start there, by removing that, and conducting some trial and error; does issue still persist?