Logo on Subcategory

Zenpinpros
Visitor
2 0 0

I am wondering how to add logos next to subcategory titles? like lets say i have a category with bakery, and underneth i have "cookies" with a cookie logo next to the text? is that possible? Do you need to be advanced in coding for this?? 

Replies 5 (5)

Kyle_W
Shopify Expert
171 26 105

Hey @Zenpinpros!

Are you talking about adding subcategory logos to your store's navigation menu?

If so, your store's theme might have some header settings in the theme editor that you can adjust to display images in a menu (commonly known as a mega menu). Not all themes with mega menus offer image support, but to get started you can use a filter on the theme store to find a list of themes that offer a mega menu feature: https://themes.shopify.com/themes?features%5B%5D=mega-menu

If the current theme you're using does not offer mega menus with images, then you'll either need to switch themes, add custom code, or consider using an app. If you're not comfortable with coding and you don't want to hire a developer, then a mega menu app might be a worthy addition.

The paid version of our Meteor Mega Menu app includes several menu templates with image support. All of the menus are easy to set up and customize right in the app -- no coding required. Here's an example of a simple bakery menu using the app's "Stardust" template on the Dawn theme:

example menu stardust bakery.jpg

Hopefully this helps! 

Kyle W | Helium
Helium builds apps that thousands of merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (300+ reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (200+ reviews)
Zenpinpros
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for the answer Kyle!

I do have a mega menu theme but i suppose it does not offer logo on sub categories. I will def try the meteor mega menu and see if that helps! 

Kyle_W
Shopify Expert
171 26 105

You're most welcome! Meteor also has an option for a free plan, but you'd need one of the paid plans to display images in menus. Luckily there's a 7-day free trial on the paid plans so you'll have a full week to test out all features at no cost.

Be sure to contact our support team via in-app chat or email if any questions arise 🤗

Kyle W | Helium
Helium builds apps that thousands of merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (300+ reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (200+ reviews)

BSS-Commerce
Shopify Expert
3401 450 503

Hi @Zenpinpros ,
Can you kindly share your store link (with the password, if any) with us? We will check it and suggest you a solution if possible.

If our suggestions are useful, please let us know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

For B2B solutions and custom pricing, check out B2B Solution & Custom Pricing |
For adding product labels/badges, visit Product Labels by BSS

BSS Commerce - Shopify Apps & Store Development Service Provider

Hire a Shopify expert | Shopify Plus Store Development

Trace15
Tourist
8 0 2

Please help me! I want to add pictures to subcategories but i dont know how! Please ivbeen trying to figure this out for so long my store: ShadowPens.myshopify.com

Thank you som uch